"I'm going to be comparing the Nokia N95-3 (a.k.a. the N95 "USA Version", a.k.a. the N95 US-3G, released in October 07) to the original "Classic" N95 (released in March 07). I will be focussing on the changes; if you are looking for an in depth review please check the links at the bottom of this article to AAS's series of N95 Classic reviews.
Where to begin? Well, a short summary of changes might be most useful:
- Bigger Battery (BL-6F), 1200mAh
- Re-designed back, to fit bigger battery
- Reshaped camera housing, it's now flush with the back (as on the N95 8GB), which has several consequences:
- No more camera lens cover
- the phone now sits flat on the ground!
- Support for 850/1900Mhz 3G bands, which work with US AT&T 3G.
- Massively improved RAM, there is 75-80MB free after boot up.
- The most important change of all: Video Center is now spelt correctly! Silly Europeans and their "centre"