Canalys worldwide smartphone figures for Q3 are in
Published by Steve Litchfield at
Canalys latest stats are in and their commentary makes for interesting reading. Notable highlights are that the whole market rose 28%, year on year, not surprisingly, with smartphones now comprising 13% of the entire phone market. Nokia (No. 1 still) looks like it's got a fight on its hands generally though, with Apple being the big overall winner, up from 4% to 17%, thanks to the initial surge when the iPhone 3G was launched, while Nokia has slipped from 51% to 39%. Canalys believe Nokia will rally with the 5800 and N96 for Q4 though, and that RIM will rally back into the no. 2 spot with their Storm.