Samsung Electronics today announced the I7110, the latest Samsung smartphone based on S60 and Symbian OS. It will be showcased for the first time at the Symbian Smartphone Show tomorrow in London.
The Samsung I7110 is a candybar type smartphone at only 12.9mm thickness, with specs:
- Symbian OS v9.3
- S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2
- 2.6” AMOLED (Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode) screen
- GPS, plus photo geo-tagging
- Pedestrian navigator software, available in 10 cities in Western Europe including Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Helsinki, London, Madrid, Milan, Munich, Paris, and Rome.
- FM transmitter
- 5 megapixel camera featuring auto focus and LED flash
- Video playback supports multi-codec formats including DivX
- 50MB of internal memory and a SDHC-supported micro SD slot
- 1200 mAh
- 8-way optical mouse (as on the i8510)
The Samsung I7110 will be available in Russia from November 2008 and will soon be introduced in other markets.
Steve Litchfield, All About Symbian, 20 Oct 2008