I would encourage developers to make their voices heard as this sort of research will likely be used by developers programs as a way of getting an overview of mobile developer attitudes and expectations.
The research is looking at more than 35 different points including:
- How do developer pain points vary across Symbian, iPhone, Android and so on?
- What are the key reasons (technical and marketing) for selecting a mobile platform ?
- How do App Stores compare to other go-to-market channels?
- Which platform is faster to develop, debug and get support on?
- Which go-to-market channel is faster to go to shelf and which is faster for getting paid?
- Which are the most popular revenue models and the most effective promotional tactics?
We'll be publishing a summary of the findings on All About Symbian in due course.