(Hat-tip to CJ for persevering with that update button long after I'd given up).
Note that there's full User Data Preservation (though a backup is still recommended for your data) and, because the N97 mini isn't 'challenged' for space on disk C:, you won't need to jump through hoops to hard reset first and rebuild, just to conserve free space....
What's new for v11.0.045
The software contains many fixes and improvements over v10 firmware including:
- More free RAM after booting (around 6MB more)
- Improved call reliability
- Browser improvements
- Music player improvements
- Improved image and video stability
- After removing the Facebook and AccuWeather homescreen widgets, the N97 mini now boots up with around 55MB of RAM free
- Curiously, Ovi Maps 3.3 (free) isn't in the firmware, though of course, it's an easy add-on from 'Software update' on the device, from maps.nokia.com or from the Ovi Store.
Steve Litchfield, AAS