AAS Insight #164: Nokia jobs cuts, EDoF, QWERTY slabs
Published by Rafe Blandford at
In All About Symbian Insight 164, we open with a discussion of the Nokia job cuts that were announced last week. In tandem with this, we talk about the transfer of Symbian software activities (and related jobs) from Nokia to Accenture and the potential impact. In the second half of the podcast, Steve talks about real world EDoF camera performance, leading to a more general discussion on this technology. In the last part of the podcast, we explore the merits of the QWERTY candybar (e.g. Nokia E72, E6) form factor and suggest that, perhaps, it is sometimes under-rated.
Download the MP3 file for this podcast (Size: 32.5MB)
This podcast was recorded on Tuesday 3rd May 2011.
In this podcast we cover:
- Free Symbian^3 HD games in Ovi Store for select markets
- Nokia to cut 4,000 jobs as impact of new strategy bites
- Nokia to transfer Symbian software activities (and 3,000 employees) to Accenture
- EDoF camera usage in the real world
- Pimping the E72 - leading to a general discussion on the QWERTY candy bar form factor, mentions for E6 and Blackberry 9900