Review: Nokia 500 (quick look video)
In this quick look video review, we kick off our review coverage of the Nokia 500. The video covers the key hardware and design features and also includes a look at the in-box content, plus a demonstration of the device's exchangeable back covers. At €150, the Nokia 500 is the cheapest ever Symbian smartphone (when comparing launch prices).
We'll be a publishing a formal textual review of the Nokia 500 soon. If you have any questions that you would like answered please leave them in the comment thread , or send us an email, and we'll do our best to answer them.
- 111.3 x 53.8 x 14.1 mm in dimensions, 93g in weight, 73cc in volume; monoblock touch form factor
- Changeable back covers, three are included with each Nokia 500, and additional covers will be available as accessories (similar to C5-03 and Nokia's earlier XpressOn covers).
- 3.2 inch capacitive TFT touchscreen; 640x 360 pixels resolution (nHD)
- 5 megapixel full focus (EDoF) camera (no LED flash); video capture at 640 x 480 (VGA and 15 frames per second)
- Integrated GPS with location support for GPS, A-GPS, WLAN and Cell-ID location techniques.
- Compass (magnetometer), accelerometer, proximity and ambient light sensors.
- 3.5 mm Nokia audio connector for audio out
- FM Radio with RDS
- microUSB (USB 2.0) for file transfers and charging (2mm charger also available)
- BL-4U (1100mAh) battery with easy access battery cover (standby by time of 20 days and talk time of 7 hours (GSM) and 5 hours (WCDMA).
- WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100 and GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 (HSDPA Cat 10 - 14.4 MBps, HSUPA Cat 6 - 5.76 Mbps)
- WiFi: WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g and Bluetooth 2.1
- Processor: ARM 11 at 1 GHz, RAM: 256MB
- 2GB mass memory and microSD card slot (supports sizes up to 32GB)
- In box contents: Nokia 500, Nokia Battery BL-4U, Nokia Connectivity Cable CA-101D, Nokia Headset WH-102, Nokia High Efficiency Charger AC-15 and 2 additional battery covers.
More details are available in our Nokia 500 launch story.
Reviewed by Rafe Blandford at