Key features of the Samsung INNOV8 (i8510)
8 megapixel auto focus camera with dual LED flash. Camera functions / modes include Smart Reader, Image Stabilizer, Auto-Panorama Shot, Smile Shot, Blink Shot, Wide Dynamic Range (WDR), and Face Detection. The camera can also capture video at VGA (30 frames per second) and QVGA (120 frames per second) resolutions. There's also on board software for editing images and videos (Movie Maker and Storyboard applications).
- Dimensions of 106.5 x 53.9 x 17.2 mm. This compares quite favourably with the 103 x 55 x 20 mm dimensions of the N96.
- 2.8 inch, QVGA screen with 16 million colours.
- Integrated GPS with support for A-GPS via S60.
- Integrated accelerometer sensor, which will be used for automatic screen rotation.
- Optical sensor, this takes the form of a touch pad (as on laptops) like control in the centre of the D-pad. It can be used to move around the UI or as for 'mouse-like' functionality in the S60 browser. It has been used on a number of previous Samsung products such as the i870.
- 16GB of internal flash memory and a microSD card slot support cards up to 16GB in size (SDHC).
- Support for HSDPA at 7.2 bps (3.5G) connectivity on 900 and 2100 Mhz WCDMA bands, quad band GSM, Bluetooth 2.0 (including A2DP support), WiFi and USB 2 (Full-speed). WiFi will enable DNLA (UPnP) support for audio and video.
- 3.55 mm audio out jack, support for MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA (including DRM), AMR and RealAudio audio formats, stereo FM radio (with RDS) and DNSe audio technology. Digital Natural Sound engine (DNSe) is an audio enhancement technology used across a portfolio of Samsung products and helps to produce higher quality surround sound. On the phone it will likely make an appearance via Music player presets.
- In video playback supported formats include DivX, H.263, H.264, WMV, and MP4. Videos will also tke advantage of DNSe where applicable.
- Runs S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2
- Will ship with 2 embedded games: FIFA 08 (EA) and Asphalt (Gameloft).
- 1200 mAH battery with quoted talk time of up to 300/510 min (3G/2.5G) and stand-by time up to 330 / 310 hrs (3G/2.5G). That should mean it should last 24 hours easily with moderate to heavy usage.
- The phone will be released in Europe during August and in the rest of the world during Septmeber.
Here are some extra pictures of the Samsung INNOV8 (click through for full size):
"Samsung INNOV8 is made for tech-savvy users who wants to enjoy the best possible multimedia entertainment with their mobile phone. With the 8-megapixel camera, pre-embedded 3D games, high speed data connections and much more other features will help users gain the true benefits of mobile entertainment. I expect Samsung INNOV8 to be a revolutionary milestone for Samsung for opening a new era of mobile multimedia”, said Geesung Choi, President of Samsung Telecommunication Business.
Some further live pictures and a short video are available on Mobile Burn.