Boot up Ovi Suite, plug in your Symbian^3 phone and go to 'Check for updates' on the menu - you might be lucky!!
Rather curiously, the game starts up in a foreign language (to me), possibly because my N8 originated in Finland - though the default didn't look like Finnish - weird, but English is there on one of the Settings screens.
Here are some game screenshots and some first impressions:
As you might expect from me, I'm very eager to get to grips with this title and will review it formally in due course. After a few rounds, naturally! Initial impressions:
- Incredible graphics, the real-time 3D really shows off what the Symbian^3 platform can do.
- Smooth and pretty realistic gameplay
- Well thought out interface, love tapping on the overhead thumbnail to 'fly ahead'
- Overall skill level needed is PERFECT
- Load times are a little long, but then there's a LOT of scenery to load up for each course/hole
- Putting's tricky, you have to be very quick on the old trigger button!
- Putting the game into the background puts the game into a sensible 'hibernating' state, rather than having the full title chugging away - when you switch back to it later, there's a short wait while your game is fully restored into RAM. Very well done, Gameloft (and Nokia).
Steve Litchfield, AAS
PS. Thanks to BrainImpact for the heads-up!