Here's the full changelog from Nokia Belle Feature Pack 1 to Feature Pack 2, lifted partly from our earlier news article:
- Swipe to Unlock shade effect for lockscreen - plus swiping on message notifications opens up Messaging directly
- New staggered keyboard layout with word predictions presented in real time above the keyboard
- New version of Web, (v126.96.36.199)
- Support for voice search in Maps, simply say the place or thing you're looking for(!)
- 808s which had their 'Search' engine permanently set to 'Bing' can now choose 'Google' as well
- New email widget, showing one message at a time
- Other new widgets, e.g. Notes, most of which we've seen before in Belle Refresh for older Symbian^3 generation devices
- Refreshed Music player (v17.3.18), with artists and other tabs in a facelifted UI
- Music player pause/play icon in the notification bar music panel
- Lighter colour schemes by default
- Many transparent toolbars throughout the UI, letting the screen content partially show through
- Homescreen toolbar has added universal search icon
- Gallery changes - now works fully in landscape mode, ALL photo details available in a detailed info pane (right down to including the exposure histogram for that shot!), multiple photo selection for deleting now possible, through a new trash can icon on the toolbar
- New reset button in Creative mode to change all the settings back to default with a single touch
- Nokia Car Mode built in
You can check your 808 PureView for updates by going to the dialler and entering *#0000# and then 'Check for updates' on the menu. The update is about 16MB over-the-air. Or just plug the phone into Nokia Suite.
I updated over the air and 'in place' and had zero issues, with all apps and data retained. As ever though, it's worth doing syncs and appropriate backups beforehand - just in case. And, if you have issues, as a last resort, consider doing a hard reset and complete firmware install via your PC.
After the update, a brace of new application updates (over and above the list above) get offered in Sw_update:
- Calendar 10.6 ('Get improved calendar events handling')
- Microsoft Apps 2.1 (build 2.1.5616, just keeping the 808 bang up to date?)
- Nokia Social 1.6 (build 1.6.32, bringing 'new widgets, an enhanced user experience and feature updates', replaces v1.5.233, which was in the standard Belle FP1 firmware)
Comments welcome on other improvements that you've found...
PS. There's now an official post on this update over on Nokia Conversations.