From the competition page:
Representing all times of day and dusk, we want striking images showing everything Britain has to offer – that are (to get fancy and quote Shakespeare) ‘rightly gazed upon’ or just plain old amazing. Cast shadows, brighten corners, take a risk and get that shot worth talking about.
We’re looking for original outdoor photographs that represent ‘the Best of Britain’ to be posted on this Tumblr page. In addition, the best photos taken with a Nokia phone could be selected as a background image for Nokia.co.uk.
- What: The PureView of Great Britain Photo Competition
- When: Friday 6th July to Wednesday 12th September 2012
- The brief: Your original ‘Best of Britain’ outdoor photos
- Where: Send images to email@example.com – for photos bigger than 4MB, send via SkyDrive, Dropbox or another FTP server
- Why: You could win some great prizes, including the grand prize – the 41MP Nokia 808 PureView smartphone.
In addition, if your photo has been taken with a Nokia phone, it could be selected as a background image for Nokia.co.uk.
The first prize is the Nokia 808 PureView, which I've been reviewing. Second prizes include "'Introduction to Photography' Red Letter Days". Might be worth entering, especially as there are no stipulations on what equipment you can use to snap the photo and what effects or post processing you might fancy applying.