The two models both ship with a combination of Nokia and China Mobile services including Nokia's mapping and messaging services and China Mobile's mobile video, mobile reader, mobile navigation, flying letters, and phone security services. They will also ship with MM-Ovi Store, which is an existing app store collaboration between Nokia and China Mobile
Both terminals also built together to create Nokia and China Mobile, the MM-Ovi App Store, users can connect via high-speed network, applications and services at any time to download more content, and enjoy the wonderful experience of 3G services.
Colin Giles, Nokia's EVP of Worldwide Sales, said:
"Today's announcement from Nokia of two handsets for the Chinese TD-SCDMA confirms the importance the Chinese market to Nokia and its commitment to support TD- SCDMA. We are very pleased to continue to work with China Mobile and the introduction of the new flagship models provides TD-SCDMA users a greater degree of choice."
Nokia has already shipped a number of TD-SCDMA handsets including the Nokia 6788 (October 2009), Nokia 6788i (March 2010), Nokia C5-01 (April 2010), and the Nokia X5 (April 2010). However the T7-00 and 702T are the first touchscreen TD-SCDMA phones that Nokia has announced. The 702T is also Nokia's first QWERTY TD-SCDMA phone. As such the two Symbian^3 phones significantly improves Nokia's TD-SCDMA portfolio.
TD-SCDMA is a China specific 3G variant used by China Mobile. China Mobile had 20 million TD-SCDMA subscribers at the end of 2011 and the company is expecting to add another 25 million subscribers in 2011. This would represent just over one third of the Chinese 3G market.
- Flagship TD-SCDMA model; near N8 variant, but with lower specification camera and upgraded screen.
- 3.5 inch clear black display touchscreen (640 x 360 resolution)
- 8 megapixel EDoF camera, also supports 720p video capture (the device has a flat back, in contrast to the N8's camera hump)
- Handwriting, on screen QWERTY and on screen ITU (12-key) text input
- Aluminum casing, with integral battery, similar to the Nokia N8's design
- TD-SCDMA variant of the Nokia E6
- QWERTY keyboard and touchscreen form factor
- QWERTY keyboard slightly modified from E6, with larger Ctrl and Function buttons. The Ctrl button also allows easy switching between Chinese language input and English.
- 2.46 inch screen (640 x 480 resolution)
- 8 megapixel EDoF camera with dual LED flash, also supports 720p video capture
- Stainless steel and hardened glass are the key materials used in construction
More information is available on Nokia Conversations China Edition.