Here at All About Symbian, we're expecting a C6 review unit very soon, and will be giving it an in-depth review in due course.
Key hardware features
- 113.4 x 53 x 16.8 mm in dimensions (80 cc volume), 150g in weight; horizontal QWERTY slide form factor.
- 3.2 inch touchscreen; 640 x 360 pixels resolution
- 5 megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash.
- Integrated A-GPS
- 3.5 mm AV connector and stereo FM radio (with RDS)
- BL-4J (1200mAh) Li-Ion battery - charging via 2 mm power port
- Quad band GSM, triband WCDMA (900/1900/2100 MHz) and WiFi connectivity.
- Up to 200MB of internal memory, 2GB microSD card included in the retail box (selected markets)
- ARM 11 processor running at 434MHz (same as 5800 and 5230).
- Initially available in two colours: Black and White
- Mono speaker (the 5800 had big stereo speakers), mounted on the back of the device
- Included in the box: Nokia C6-00, Nokia 2GB microSD Card (MU-37), Nokia Connectivity Cable (CA-101), Nokia Stereo Headset (WH-102), Nokia Compact Charger (AC-15), Nokia Battery (BL-4J), and User guide
Key software features
- Runs Symbian^1 (also known as S60 5th Edition)
- Customisable homescreen with WRT-based widgets (as first seen on the Nokia N97). Also includes kinetic scrolling and other UI enhancements as first seen in N97 PR2.0 software.
- Ships with Ovi Maps 3.4 (including free life time navigation and easy Facebook location sharing).
- Nokia Messaging for email (Yahoo Mail Gmail, Windows Live Hotmail, Ovi Mail) and IM clients for Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger and Ovi Chat available through the Ovi Store.
- Will likely ship with Nokia Messaging for Social Networks (also known as Communities 2.0), which is currently being tested in Nokia Beta Labs. This aggregates messages from multiple social networks into a single application.
The phone will also include the current standalone Facebook client with homescreen integration.
- Ovi Store for access to additional applications, games and content. Ovi Music Store for music downloads.
David Gilson for All About Symbian, 20th July 2010.