- Still not a year old, Ovi Store already has fully localized stores in 18 countries and 30 languages
- Ovi Store now sees over one million downloads a day across the world
- Smart integrated mobile billing for the Ovi Store is provided by over 60 network operators
- There have been over 3 million downloads of the new (free navigation) Ovi Maps, now clocking more than one download a second, around 100,000 downloads a day
- Comes with Music has now been rolled out to retail handsets in 27 territories, including last week’s addition of the Middle East. The average person downloads 500 free tunes in the first fortnight
- The Comes with Music catalogue of songs available continues to grow, and has now hit the nine million mark
- One million people a month open an Ovi Mail account, this often being their first online identity. This takes the total to six million Ovi Mail accounts created in just over a year
- Nokia has partnered with YES BANK to launch a pilot of Nokia Money mobile banking in Pune, one of the largest metropolitan areas in India, dubbed Mobile Money Services.
- There are now around one million people who have subscribed to Life Tools in India and Indonesia. More countries to follow.
Although some will be disappointed by a lack of announcements of new hardware, it seems that manufacturers across the world are tending more towards using their own, separate events for launching shiny new phones (witness Apple's behaviour over the last year or so, for example), so that the entire news cycle can be controlled, away from dilution from other companies - we're expecting a dedicated Nokia event in March or April to play host to new devices. (I could guess at what will be announced then but Rafe would get very cross....)
Comments welcome on any of these stats or on Nokia's news strategy(!)