All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-03-2007, 12:29 PM

Jooma is on a distinguished road
Talking It's available NOW on T-Mobile UK!

Just called in my upgrade, they're delivering tomorrow morning...

It's on the website and they're giving it to existing customers over the phone too.

Costs less than I expected, 35 FlexT + 7.50 for web and walk with 5 special offer discount = 37.50 per month and phone for 20! Can't say fairer than that...

Old 30-03-2007, 01:27 PM

Biggzy is on a distinguished road
the prices on there site were wrong but they have corrected them, iv orderd 1 also on a new connection and its coming in the morning!! cant wait

Old 30-03-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
the prices on there site were wrong but they have corrected them, iv orderd 1 also on a new connection and its coming in the morning!! cant wait
Ouch, you're right they "corrected" them, cost of the phone went up 30 you mean! That sucks...

Old 30-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
I'd say that is a reasonable price though all things considered. I'm sure it come down in time too/

Old 30-03-2007, 07:47 PM

Locoblade is on a distinguished road
Agreed, no qualms about spending 50 for it on a 37.50 / month contract which includes "unlimited" data transfer, hopefully mine will be arriving in the morning too

Old 31-03-2007, 08:32 AM

Oh I didn't mean that the price was unreasonable, just unfortunate that others will be paying 30 more than I did.

Regardless, wating for the doorbell...
Ads

Old 31-03-2007, 09:21 AM

Locoblade is on a distinguished road
Yep, annoyed I didnt spot it earlier and get mine at 20 as well!

My run of (bad) luck continued today though so hopefully your (good) luck will continue too. I ordered with T Mob yesterday and 8:30 this morning the postie rings the doorbell an hands me an N95 sized package on Special Delivery, but when I opened it up they'd sent me an AMEO by mistake

Ive now got to wait until Monday when they will be couriering an N95 out to me especially

Last edited by Locoblade; 31-03-2007 at 09:25 AM.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:09 AM

Biggzy is on a distinguished road
my n95 came this morning @ 10am, im loving it so far, thanx t-mobile

Old 01-04-2007, 10:13 AM

bobthebuilder is on a distinguished road
Got mine yesterday as well.

I wanted to see one before I bought it so I asked the local T-Mobile store to phone me when it came in. I didn't have much faith that they would, but to my surprise they phoned me sat morning to say they had 2. I was there within the hour and signed up straight away. The store wasn't doing the same 5 per month line rental discount as you get on line, but I can live with that.

The phone is excellent and with T-Mobiles web+walk plan appears to be the perfect package.

I've had the N70, N80, N73 and now the N95. The 70 &73 were great phones and I had no problems. The N80 was crap. I had it replaced and the replacement repaired and its still faulty.

So far everything on the 95 performs as it should - just wish it had better battery life.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:42 PM

chrisnolan is on a distinguished road
Just ordered on T-mobile: Flext 35 + web n' walk (because orange were killing me on data charges) + insurance (I have a horrible history with phones lol) for 44/month. Not bad seems as my average bill with Orange was 55+ with less in the package.

Phone was 50, again - not at all a bad deal in all. First time with t-mobile, hopefully they will be better than Orange have been!

Can't wait for it to come now!

Old 02-04-2007, 10:30 AM

sad1f is on a distinguished road
are these phones "branded" in anyway... and/or are they unlocked...?

Old 02-04-2007, 11:10 AM

hootie is on a distinguished road
n95

just got mine on t mobile uk, really impressed with the build quality etc, this is one top handset, the only downside i can envisage is if the battery doesnt live up to expectations. As for branding, it only has a web n walk icon on the phone software and t mobile on the battery cover, and of course its locked !!!.Anybody asked t mobile for the unlock code yet?

Craig

Old 02-04-2007, 02:04 PM

pixor is on a distinguished road
Got mine yesterday morning, I was the first in the t-mobile shop in Edinburgh Princes Street. Flex 35 + web 'n' walk for 37.50 and 50 for the 'phone, which seemed good to me. It's an 18 month contract, and I can drop to a lower tariff after 11 months if I want. I got insurance, as it was mis-priced on the system (instead of being a "premium" 'phone it was a "standard" 'phone, so cheaper).

My first impressions are "WOW", there are so many features, and the quality of display/photos/videos seems very good. Internet connection is fast on the t-mobile connection, and it's great eing able to use wifi when in range.

The bad points - Battery life doesn't look good, only 2gig for the memory card max, so easy to fill up with mp3s. The pc-suite and map loader software are unreliable under Vista, and the download times for the maps are ridiculous using map loader. And there's no iSync support for my Mac

Haven't managed to use the GPS yet, as I've been inside a building or train since I got it

Mike.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:22 AM

pixor is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I have had my N95 for a couple of days now, and wanted to use it instead of my iPod nano. However, the audio quality is awful. There is a lot of noise. If I listen with my headphones on, even moving around the menus results in white noise starting shortly before and ending shortly after the keypad 'blip' sound plays. I hope I have a faulty one, but I have 14 days to return the 'phone if I can't find a solution.

Can anyone else with a N95 comment on whether they get noise with audio playback over headphones?

Old 03-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
I mentioned in my review that I could hear a slight hiss when using my own headphones (but only with high quality ones). I couldn't hear it using the supplied headphones. Maybe you have a phone that is worse than others? Let's see if anyone else has this issue (you might what to create a new topic about this?).

I've mainly be using stereo bluetooth headphones (less wires, more comfortable for me) and there's no hiss there. Not what you want to hear I know!

Battery issues - I've used this http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/revie...ce_Charger.php
But because of my usage patterns I tend never to be that far away from a charger accept on some trips.

p.s. Have a look here for iSync / N95 - http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...70326141053127