Currently available for Symbian smartphones here (i.e. not in the about-to-be-frozen Nokia Store) and imminently in the Windows Phone Store (as an update, currently in the final stages of Microsoft Q&A), the developer, Harald Meyer describes the update like this:
This 'NET edition' module is very geeky - probably not for the "common" smartphone user. It allows you to fully control CameraPro remotely. Scenarios are:
- trigger image capture by remote sensors (for instance an Arduino
- board with movement sensor, heat sensor, ...)
- trigger multiple cameras at once
- control smartphone camera(s) from remote locations,...
Typically, the module would be paired up with some hardware:
- Arduino: http://store.arduino.cc/index.php?mai...
- Bluetooth shield: http://dx.com/p/jy-mcu-arduino-blueto...
- All other parts like rotary encoder knob, battery, screws, cables, and material for the housing are standard parts which should be available in your local construction store.
Happily, if you're struggling to get your brain around what this means in practice and how all this might look, Harald has provided some demo videos:
Trigger 6 smartphones at once:
Arduino-based remote trigger and manual focus control:
Symbian (only) demo:
WP8 (only) demo: