Here's the new version 2.0 in action:
The most important change in this update is under the hood: OAuth. The changes in this update related to authentication are outlined in a separate blog post. The previous versions of Notekeeper (v1.4 and earlier) will stop working on Nov 1, 2012, when Evernote starts mandating that third-party apps use only OAuth for authentication. So please upgrade to v2.0 before the end of this month.
Changelog for v2.0:
Dark color scheme:
Many of you had asked for a dark color scheme, which would be more battery-friendly on AMOLED displays. In Notekeeper 2.0, you can optionally enable the dark color scheme under Settings > Color scheme.
- Notekeeper used to crash for some users when reading from the disk cache. This is now fixed.
- Handles HTML named entities (like ‘—’) in the note
- You can now use predictive text (only in Belle FP1 / FP2 / Belle Refresh)
- Searching is more responsive, and shows progress
- While syncing, the sync status is shown at the top, just below the status bar
- If a note has incorrect encoding, Notekeeper tries to guess the encoding, so that even those notes can be displayed and edited
- Showing images in the phone for adding to a note is much faster
- Adding an image is now cancellable