From the press release:
Code Factory has once again shown its commitment to its Symbian users in the latest v5.8 release. This major release features more than 100 new features, improvements and fixes so that users can make the best use of both the latest touch devices and also traditional phones with keypads. Once again, it is offered as a free upgrade for users of Mobile Speak v4.0 and above.
“Although the sale of Symbian devices may be in decline in many parts of the world, we still see the overwhelmingly popularity of these devices amongst the visually impaired community. No other platform offers the wide range of device form factors, and no other screen reader solution offers the same amount of functionality and configurability,” explains Eduard Sánchez, CEO at Code Factory. “Since Mobile Speak is still the most practical solution for many users and it allows them to get things done faster than on any other platform, we are very happy to announce this major release of Mobile Speak Symbian.”
Main changes for v5.8:
- Support for Symbian Belle Feature Pack 1 (FP1) including the Nokia 808 PureView, Nokia 603, 700 and 701.
- Support for WhatsApp v2.6.97 (and above), the world’s most popular mobile messaging application.
- Easy update: After installing v5.8, any future updates of Mobile Speak will be able to be installed in a completely accessible way directly from the device using this new feature.
- Easy installation of voices and your favorite third party apps: this new feature allows you to easily install any Mobile Speak 3rd party voices, Nokia HQ voices, Code Factory tools and games and also the most popular, accessible third party applications, without needing to connect to a PC or to use the Nokia Store.
- Six new Acapela HQ voices (Dutch Daan, Dutch Jasmijn, German Andreas, Norwegian Bente, Swedish Emil and US English Saul).
- More than 100 new features, improvements and bug fixes, for all users to enjoy!