Buy / No Trial
RPN Calculator for Psion (like HP-12C)
|Last Update:||January 30th 2002 |
|License:||Sent by developer w/in 2 business days|
|ID's:||HID: 25180, AAID: 5679|
is an RPN
(Reverse Polish Notation) calculator as
popularised by Hewlett-Packard.
Like the HP calculators it operates much more intuitively than
calculators with an equals sign but on the Psion it provides much more
information including the whole stack and graphing function.
- Major modes:
- Financial mode - compound interest, present value, final
value, interest, number of payments etc - these all work in the same
way as in the HP calculators. Anuities can be set for the start or the
end of the compounding period. Days between dates.
- Scientific mode - Sin, Cos, Tan, Sinh, Cosh, Tanh, log, ln,
etc and their inverses
- Statistics mode - Sum, Sum-, mean, std dev, factorial,
Permutations & combinations, Linear regression
- Programming mode - Bin, Oct, Dec, Hex, Ascii and Internet
Address (IP) displays. AND OR NOT MOD and shift operations. Prime
- There is a full set of unit conversions including
- length - mm, cm, m, km, in, feet, mile, nautical mile etc etc
- area - acre, hectare, sq. m, sq. mm, sq. in., sq. foot etc etc
- volume - gallons, pints, litres, cu. m, cu. feet etc etc
- mass - kg, pound, ton, tonne, gram etc etc
- speed - kph, mph. ft/s, m/s etc
- fuel consumption - mpg, litres/100 km
- pressure - atmospheres, mmHg, pounds/sq.in., Pascals etc
- temperature - centigrade, fahrenheit, Kelvin
- currency - up to 36 currencies of your choice
- Programmable keys - 5 keys (f1-f5) can be programmed by the user to
execute the Psion's native OPL language which is similar to
Basic. Thus you can create your own keys with your own labels
e.g. "R100", a key to generate pseudo random numbers from 0-100 (OPL
code is "100*RND")
e.g. "%" a percent key by putting "y*x/100" into a function key
- The N-R key provides a Newton-Raphson iterative (numerical)
solution for functions. All you need to do is put the function and its
derivative (dy/dx)into the f4 and f5 programmable keys
(marked f(x) and f'(x) and press the N-R button. If a
solution converges in a reasonable time it is put into X.
- Graphing of (X, Y) functions is built-in with control of axes
and labelling and up to three functions on one plot. Plots can be
exported to other applications.
- It features nice big clunky keys (easy to hit) and a nice big
display (easy on my presbyopic eyes).
- dCalc has a full set of stack manipulation keys (Roll,
X<>Y, Enter, Sto, Rcl) which are so essential to the effective use
of an HP calculator.
- It interoperates well with other Psion programs using the
builtin copy and paste functions (^C and ^V shortcuts as
- dCalc operates on real numbers with Scientific, Statistics and
Financial functions or 32-bit integers (for programmers).
- The precision in Scientific, Financial and Statistics mode is the
full precision of the Psion - about 15 significant places of decimals.
- As well as the stack, which is always visible (a nice plus over an
actual HP calculator) there are 10 integer and 10 real registers to
- All your numbers and settings are saved between sessions
- English and German languages are supported
Diamond Mako, Ericsson MC218, Psion netBook, Psion Revo Plus
Categories for this Software
Personal Finance, Finance, Budget & Expense, Calculators, Calculators
Submitting Software and Information
We are updating our submission process.
You can still get your software added by contacting us manually.