SmartAnswer for Nokia Series 60
Buy / No Trial
The most famous and professional answering machine for Series 60 devices!
|Last Update:||February 1st 2005 |
|License:||Sent by developer w/in 2 business days|
|Requirements:||Works on all devices!|
|ID's:||HID: 52664, AAID: 4679|
The most famous and professional answering machine for Series 60 devices now offers personal answering messages for all persons stored in the contact database and supports the Nokia 6600 as well!
Do not waste money for your voice box anymore!
Enhance your device with one of the most powerful features you can imagine: an Answering Machine based on your own Smartphone. Do not waste money for your voice box anymore!
SmartAnswer doesn't have microphone mute bug!!!
There are two views in the program: Ans. machine & Msg. player. You can switch between them with left and right joystick keys.
Ans. machine view:
Here you can see ans. machine state: turned off, waiting for a call, incoming call, playing greeting message, or recording message.
In this view you can also see your messages brief statistics, the number of unheard messages and an approximate number of messages that can be recorded (calculated as a ratio of free disk space to max. message size)
You can turn on and turn off the answering machine here. When the answering machine is turned on, you can see always-on-top small indicator in the right top most corner of the screen. This indicator will be visible in all apps as well when SmartAnswer is minimized.
Msg. player view:
Here you can see list of messages. All unheard messages are shown in Bold font. Messages without message file are shown red (e.g. if message file itself was removed with a file explorer outside SmartAnswer).
In this view you can play a message, call the person who has left the message immediately. When message is being played you may change its volume by joystick (left/right).
Important Note: for storing messages we use AMR sound format. This format is highly compressed and best suits answering machine needs especially taking into consideration the fact that Smartphone is limited in disk space!
You can get detailed message information here by selecting message properties. Here you can see message status (heard, unheard), call date/time, left message duration, whole call duration, name of the caller (if his/her name was found in your contacts), phone number (if determined), and file name where this message is stored now.
There are some more commands in advanced menu: Refresh - refreshes list of messages, delete message, delete all messages and pack messages. When packing all messages without corresponding message file are deleted (they're shown red)
Here you can define:
- Greeting message. This is the file played when the answering machine picks up the receiver. You may select your file with built
- In file browser, record a message file right here, replay the message. When playing the message you can change the message volume by joystick (left/right)
- Disk for recording incoming messages. For Nokia 7650 it's drive c only.
- 'Pick up after' option. Here you can define time (mm:ss) when answering machine has to pick up the receiver.
- 'Max. length' option. Here you define max. length of the incoming message. After this time answering machine hangs up the receiver automatically.
Having setup finished press Done. To cancel the changes made press Options/Cancel.
Added in SmartAnswer for Nokia 7650 1.03:
Note: Please exit from SmartAnswer before updating to new version!
Update version 1.05:
- SmartAnswer is available in English and German now
- When SmartAnswer gets a call it shows the menu:
* Manual answer - Hang up *
- Very tight interaction with Contacts application was added. So, when browsing your messages now you can see callers pictures (if found in contacts), and in one key press you can get all the information about the caller from your contacts by selecting 'View contact' command or pressing *
- Always-on-top SmartAnswer's indicator was a little bit decreased and moved
- During a call SmartAnswer's indicator becomes invisible
- When there was a call but the caller didn't leave you the message you can see the line about it in messages marked with blue colour
- More 'human' display of durations ;) ('4 sec' instead of '0:4')
- Built-in file manager is added, so you can browse and listen your sounds, messages, etc in an easy way now
- Program's menus were fully reorganized to simplify navigation
- Both .wav and .amr files can be selected for greeting message
- and many many other minor improvements in logic in order to increase program's usability
Note: New version can be installed over the previous one!
- Small memory leak removed (while displaying caller's thumbnail)
- Caller's thumbnail is drawn a little bit nicer now
- Advanced volume control while playing messages added. You can press 'loud speaker' button to switch between the loud speaker and quiet speaker. In both sound volume modes you can use Left/Right joystick keys to increase/decrease volume
- 'Add to favourites' command added
- SmartAnswer doesn't pop up from background if you answer the call manually
Bugs fixed and compability for Siemens SX1 added!
What's new in version 1.09:
- Multi-Response function fixed
- Some minor bugs fixed
New in version 2.0:
Bug with recording for Nokia 6600 fixed
Delay before respond for Nokia 6600 reduced
Recording and playing bug for SX1 fixed
Some minor bugs fixed
Update 16.11.2004: Compatibility with Nokia 6260 added!
Nokia 6600, Nokia 6630, Nokia 7610, Nokia 7650, Nokia N-Gage, Nokia N-Gage QD, Nokia Series 60, Siemens SX1
Categories for this Software
Business & Professional, Productivity, Utilities
Submitting Software and Information
We are updating our submission process.
You can still get your software added by contacting us manually.