Saunders Pocket Essentials of Clinical Medicine(pktcm)
Buy / No Trial
The ideal reference for students throughout their clinical studies. It provides a comprehensive account of general medical problems while facilitating the learning process.
|Last Update:||June 22nd 2009 |
|License:||Provided with purchase|
|Requirements:||Symbian S60, 3rd edition (Nokia): 5.07MB|
|ID's:||HID: 254306, AAID: 25766|
|Saunders Pocket Essentials of Clinical Medicine
powered by Skyscape
||Publisher: Elsevier Limited
|Saunders Pocket Essentials of Clinical Medicine is the ideal reference for students throughout their clinical studies. It provides a comprehensive account of general medical problems while facilitating the learning process. This latest update is based on the 4th edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates!
This resource includes medical emergency information, offering more information on contraindications; problem-oriented questions with answers; information on practical procedures; a dictionary of terms; abbreviations and normal values; differential diagnosis tables and more.
- Newly added sections - The special senses (ENT and Eyes) and Therapeutics.
- Ethics and communication sections expanded to include record keeping, assisted suicide and other important issues
- All sections made more uniform in the treatment of symptoms, signs, investigations and diseases.
- Section on Therapeutics covers:
- The practical use of drugs, including introductory notes on how to prescribe, writing a prescription, opiates management and other issues.
- A table of the most commonly used drugs, with information on dose and route; monitoring, interaction, contraindications.
- Palliative care, with specific information on drugs and other therapies used to control symptons associated with pain control (e.g. intractable nausea).
- OSCEs/case-history based exam questions.
Additionally, you''ll get valuable added feature, available only from Skyscape:
- New interactive flowchart: Complex algorithm and protocol are transformed from static images into dynamic step-by-step decision support tools. This innovative feature can quickly and easily walk you through even the most intricate decision models.
- Built-in Medical Calculators: Provide instant access from within clinical topics to the
- Anion gap
- Body Mass
- Creatinine Clearance Using the Cockroft-Gault Equation
- GFR MDRD
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- Plasma osmolality
- Rockall Score for Upper Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage
- Sad Persons Scale
- Severity Assessment for Community-Acquired Pneumonia (Curb-65 Score)
- The TIMI Risk Score in Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Full Images: Vivid images that aid in diagnostic workup.
- Table Viewer: All the richness of extensive tables, easily viewable on the compact screen of your mobile device.
LG KS10, LG KT610, Nokia 3250, Nokia 5320 Xpress Music, Nokia 5500, Nokia 5700, Nokia 6110, Nokia 6120, Nokia 6290, Nokia 6650, Nokia E50, Nokia E60, Nokia E61, Nokia E61i, Nokia E62, Nokia E63, Nokia E65, Nokia E70, Nokia E71, Nokia E90, Nokia N71, Nokia N73, Nokia N75, Nokia N76, Nokia N77, Nokia N80, Nokia N91, Nokia N93i, Nokia N95, Samsung G810, Samsung i7110, Samsung i8510 INNOV8, Samsung L870, Samsung SGH-i450, Samsung SGH-i520, Samsung SGH-i550, Samsung SGH-i560, Samsung SGH-i570
Categories for this Software
Submitting Software and Information
We are updating our submission process.
You can still get your software added by contacting us manually.