MSDict Oxford French Minidictionary (S60 3rd Edition)
An OXFORD French-English-French dictionary with over 100,000 words, phrases, and translation
|Last Update:||April 2nd 2008 |
|Author:||Mobile Systems, Inc.|
|License:||Provided with purchase|
|Requirements:||Symbian OS 9|
|ID's:||HID: 182311, AAID: 11721|
The World's Most Trusted Dictionaries
Includes English-French and French-English dictionaries and over 100,000 words, phrases and translations. The Oxford French Minidictionary is designed to present essential information of the core French and English vocabulary in accessible format, providing the user with a fast track to clear and effective communication. The dictionary is an effective and practical reference tool for the student, adult-learner, traveler and business professional. It provides user-friendly treatment of core vocabulary across a broad spectrum of written and spoken language.
The dictionary is bundled with the Oxford English audio database of 17,000
Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
The Key Features of the Oxford French Minidictionary
- Over 100,000 words, phrases, and translation
- Over 17,000 high-quality English audio recordings with British English
pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
- Bullet points separate each new part of speech within an entry, making it easy to scan
- Phonetic transcription for the French-English part are provided, using the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Any unpredictable plural forms or irregular English conjugations, comparative and superlative forms are also given in brackets
- Precise information on grammar and style
- Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
Note that the audio recordings are just of English words
and French audio is not included. The audio pronunciation database requires 18.5Mb
free memory space. Memory cards are supported.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Oxford French Minidictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Audio pronunciations (through additional installed sound modules)
- Hyperlinks between different related words
- Handy custom filteres added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
- Fussy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
- Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
- Dynamic changing of font sizes
- History lists of visited words
- Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
- Fullscreen support
- Page scrolling mode added
- Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finish, Russian and Portuguese.
- Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
- Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
LG KS10, Nokia 3250, Nokia 5500, Nokia 5700, Nokia 6110, Nokia 6120, Nokia 6290, Nokia E50, Nokia E60, Nokia E61, Nokia E61i, Nokia E62, Nokia E65, Nokia E70, Nokia E90, Nokia N71, Nokia N73, Nokia N75, Nokia N76, Nokia N77, Nokia N80, Nokia N91, Nokia N92, Nokia N93, Nokia N93i, Nokia N95, Samsung G810, Samsung SGH-i450, Samsung SGH-i520, Samsung SGH-i550, Samsung SGH-i560, Samsung SGH-i570
Categories for this Software
Submitting Software and Information
We are updating our submission process.
You can still get your software added by contacting us manually.