Best FileMan for UIQ
File Manager gives you full control over the file system: you can browse your folders, copy, move, rename files and folders, view and send files via Infrared, bluetooth etc.
|Last Update:||March 17th 2006 |
|License:||Provided with purchase|
|ID's:||HID: 185062, AAID: 12691|
Best FileMan user guide
Our professional tool File Manager gives you full control over the file system. With the help of this utility you can browse your folders, copy, move, rename files and folders, view and send files via Infrared and bluetooth and much much more.
File manager interface was designed to give you the maximum comfort combined with a maximum number of powerful functions.
Pressing button shows available disks that you can select. Here you also can see
brief disk information. On the left from disks button you can see the
Almost all FileMan operations can be performed on more that one file or
folder. To select/deselect any item click on check box located near every item.
On the bottom you can see the status pane that displays much useful
information about the current item or selected items. Clicking on status pane
invokes the properties dialog that displays the current path in full (and name if only one item is selected) and total size of selected item(s)
(including size of folders)
FileMan performs all operations in an asynchronous way. It allows you to
see an operation progress and ability to cancel any operation safely
without waiting to complete. Moreover, it handles all possible errors
during the operation and takes appropriate actions. For example, if
you are moving 10 files and one of the files is, say, read only it shows
the error display that says that xxx.xxx is read only and offers you to stop the whole operation, to skip the current file only, to skip the file and the rest of the files that can have similar state or to retry the operation with the current file again.
- Open - Opens current item. If the item is a folder it is opened,
if the item is a file it will be started (if you select executable file) or
FileMan will try to find the corresponded viewer for this file (e.g. for images,
sounds, etc). You can click on the already selected item to perfom 'Open' action without doing to menu
- Properties - Shows a dialog that displays the full current path
(and name if only one item is selected) and total size of the selected
item(s) (including size of folders). Clicking on status pane invokes the properties dialog without going to menu.
- Rename - It renames current file or folder (changes its name).
- Copy - It copies any number of selected files and folders
to a specified folder.
- Move - It moves any number of selected files and folders
to a specified folder.
- Delete - It deletes any number of selected files and folders.
- New folder - It creates a new folder with specified name in current folder.
- Change attributes - It changes attributes of selected files and folders.
- Send via infrared - It allows you to send any number of selected files via Infrared to another mobile device or PC.
- Send via Bluetooth - It allows you to send any number of selected files via Bluetooth to another mobile device or PC.
- Name disk - Allows you to change disk names
- FileMan preferences:
- Highlight previous folder - If selected it automatically selects the previous folder when going to parent folder where we were last time. If not selected then it selects first item after going to parent folder
- Use MIME recognizer - If selected FileMan tries to recognize a file when displaying the list of files. If selected it can slow down the opening of a very big folder.
- Show ROM drives - All ROM drives can be selected.
- Show system folders - If selected FileMan shows all system folders and allows you to access them.
- Mark/Unmark - It selects the current item if it is currently not selected or deselects it if it is.
- Mark all - It selects all files and folders located in current folder.
- Unmark all - It deselects all files and folders located in the current folder.
- Invert selection - It inverts selection of all files and folders located in the current folder.
- Sort by .. - Allows you to change the order of displaying files. You can sort files by name, extension, size, date or UID.
BenQ P30, Motorola A1000, Motorola A920, Motorola A925, Sony Ericsson P800, Sony Ericsson P900, Sony Ericsson P910
Categories for this Software
Submitting Software and Information
We are updating our submission process.
You can still get your software added by contacting us manually.