Audio Pocket Oxford English Dictionary (S60 3rd Edition)
Speech enabled OXFORD English dictionary with over 140,000 words and phrases and definitions and 17,000 English audio word recordings.
|Last Update:||March 26th 2008 |
|Author:||Mobile Systems, Inc.|
|License:||Provided with purchase|
|ID's:||HID: 221648, AAID: 21944|
The Core Vocabulary of the Current English
This is an electronic reissue of the ninth edition of the world's longest-established pocket English dictionary by Oxford University Press. It is one of the new generation Oxford dictionaries derived from the database of the highly acclaimed New Oxford Dictionary of English and is particularly user friendly with its elegant open design, with different elements starting on new lines. It offers excellent coverage of English as an international language and thousands of examples illustrate idiomatic usage. All irregular noun, verb, and adjectival inflections are spelled out in full, while guidance on grammar and good usage is provided by in-text notes. Additional features include Wordbuilder boxes giving information on related.
The dictionary is bundled with the Oxford English audio database of 17,000
Oxford pre-recorded audio word pronunciations to help you improve your listening and speaking skills in English.
The Key Features of Pocket Oxford English Dictionary
- Up-to-date and accessible information on the core vocabulary of current English
- Over 17,000 high-quality English audio recordings with British English
pronunciations compiled and recorded by Oxford University Press
- Clear layout with each new section (phrases, derivatives, usage notes, etymologies, wordbuilder) on new line
- Usage notes included, giving clear guidance on points of grammar and usage
- In-text lists and tables focusing on core study subjects
- Pronunciation feature for any word that might cause difficulty
- Greater clarity into etymologies
- Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
Note that the audio pronunciation database requires 18.5Mb free memory space. Memory cards are supported.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The Pocket Oxford English Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Audio pronunciations (through additional installed sound modules)
- Hyperlinks between different related words
- Handy custom filteres added to help you locate the word you are searching for:
- Fussy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- Keyword- used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
- Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
- Dynamic changing of font sizes
- History lists of visited words
- Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
- Fullscreen support
- Page scrolling mode added
- Ability to select and change the language for MSDict menus and messages. The supported languages are- English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Finish, Russian and Portuguese.
- Copy single words, selected paragraphs or whole word definitions in external programs on your phone
- Two different work modes- View and Selection for your convenience when browsing word definition
LG KS10, Nokia 3250, Nokia 5500, Nokia 5700, Nokia 6110, Nokia 6120, Nokia 6290, Nokia E50, Nokia E60, Nokia E61, Nokia E61i, Nokia E62, Nokia E65, Nokia E70, Nokia E90, Nokia N71, Nokia N73, Nokia N75, Nokia N76, Nokia N77, Nokia N80, Nokia N91, Nokia N93i, Nokia N95, Samsung G810, Samsung SGH-i450, Samsung SGH-i520, Samsung SGH-i550, Samsung SGH-i560, Samsung SGH-i570
Categories for this Software
Submitting Software and Information
We are updating our submission process.
You can still get your software added by contacting us manually.