|All About Symbian
WAP Site Tour and Guide
The All About Symbian WAP site
The All About Symbian WAP Site allows you to all of the content
(except the Developers tutorials and references) on AAS via your
Symbian device (or via any other WAP browser). The WAP site is optimised
for display on small mobile devices. We know that you can use a
Symbian device to surf the web, but the wap ite is much friendlier
for a small screen than the WWW site and is a lot quicker too!
On this page we lead you through some of the features and pages
available via the WAP site.
AAS WAP page is to be found at http://wap.allaboutsymbian.com/,
you can type this address into the wap browser on your phone and
you will be taken to the front page of AAS's WAP site.
From this page you can access the various sections of the WAP site.
- News - access to the news headlines and stories. You
can choose the main link to display stories from all categories
or choose the other links to display stories from a certain category
(Series 60 [7650, 3650 users], P800, 92x0 and Symbian and General).
- Forum - you can access the forums to read posts and topics
using our new forum engine.
- All forums are now available vai the WAP site.
- Read topics in their entirety - optimised for display
on small devices.
- Post replies and start new topics.
- Log-in using your username and password so people
know it's you posting.
- New topics - log-in and see new topics since your
- Reviews - enables you to access the AAS reviews. You
can access the reviews page (which gives you various options)
or listings of reviews by device (see more below).
- Software Directory - this accesses the AAS software directory,
once again you can choose to go straight to device specific pages.
- Downloads - gives you access to downloads for your device.
- External News - view the headlines (and summary of stories)
from other news sites related to smartphones and Symbian.
- Links - links to other WAP sites divided into Symbian
related sites and general WAP sites we think you might ind useful.
You can now access the forum for both reading and posting via the
WAP site. You can see how browsing the forum works by following
the screenshots below.
The reviews section shows reviews in real time from the rest
of the site using Befar technology (Really? - Ewan). Notice that
the review index page has several extra options over and above specific
device reviews lists.
Enables you to view entries in the software directory.
Downloads and more
Here are a few more sceenshots, this time displaying downloads
and external news section. Note that links on the front page in
downloads will take you straight into the appropriate category for
that device. However there are some categories (such as polyphonic
ringtones), that are suitable for more than one device, and these
are found on the top level of downloads.
Tell us what you think, is there anything you would like to
see added to the WAP site. How can we improve it? Please e-mail
with any comments or suggestions that you may have.
Some screenshots from the P800 - thanks to Raven
for providing these!
Thanks from Rafe to Ewan, Raven, Dazler, J2theIzzo and Jan for
helping make this possible.