Originally posted by pelwell
Thanks for the pictures, dragon-tmd.
So, did you like it? Was the screen clear, and the keypad comfortable?
Screen is clear and keyboard is small but comfortable, but i'm a not "SMS record typer"
Here's is my small review posted at my-symbian:
Well ok, i tell you my first impressions from cebit: I played with the X for about 2 hours:
- Software used: Version x3.338 Development (unstable)
Errors and crashes with flash reader & included Pinball game
- videorecorder and camera is slow (needed 5-15 secs to start) - quality was not that good, but could be due to lightningh at the Sendo place
- java engine slow (tested with siberian strike epsiode I)
- Mophun Enginge 2.9 was licensed by Sendo and will be inlcuded! Tested with 3D Rally Contest, worked well
control with the X is hard for gaming, there is no joystick and you
have to get used to this kind of control!!
- MP3 Quality was good BUT NO MP3 ringtones though,
it has two speakers (left and right side) with quite good sound, although the X place was heavily crowded with people and SOUND (Motorolas place was near with a good DJ ...)
All in all the X was mere a protoype than a release version with many bugs (although the software was dated 12.03.04). the handling was nice, BUT IT IS VERY THICK (as the N6600)
The covers of the shown X have been badly produced (they told me they have been hand made), this was NO end user fínish ... although end user hardware has been produced by Sendo!!!
Strange, i would not show somebody a hand made prototype, if i could shown him a end user verion ...
The x will be released "after the cebit and in a few weeks", I DOUBT that it will be released within march 2004, cause the software is more unstable than i stated above
If i didn't already preorder it, i would wait untill the final version will be available to all
- we'll have to see, when and what the X will be ....