All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-01-2011, 11:42 AM

stefanv3 is on a distinguished road
C7 (and N8) Powering Down, then Dead

After 2 years with Nokia E71 it was time to upgrade to a C7 and I've been very happy with it in most respects.

Occasionally I found the phone would hang or power down and it seemed to be when I was out in the car and on reflection, when I had Ovi Maps running. Perhaps this was giving the phone a bigger work out than normal??

A few times I could power up after a period of lifelessness, and the phone would hang and power down again. Several cycles of this and the phone would eventually start performing normally again. However earlier this week after such an episode the phone would not start again. Hopefully I'll get a replacement under the warranty. In researching the issue I found a detailed article on mobile-review suggesting this issue is widespread.

Link (if permitted): http://www.mobile-review.com/article...-brak-en.shtml

My post is to warn other C7 & N8 owners to back up the phone because it's likely not to wake up. Have a spare device handy to put your SIM into and check your warranty procedure.

Looking forward to my next new C7!

Old 28-01-2011, 10:47 AM

torrentblock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanv3 View Post
After 2 years with Nokia E71 it was time to upgrade to a C7 and I've been very happy with it in most respects.

Occasionally I found the phone would hang or power down and it seemed to be when I was out in the car and on reflection, when I had Ovi Maps running. Perhaps this was giving the phone a bigger work out than normal??

A few times I could power up after a period of lifelessness, and the phone would hang and power down again. Several cycles of this and the phone would eventually start performing normally again. However earlier this week after such an episode the phone would not start again. Hopefully I'll get a replacement under the warranty. In researching the issue I found a detailed article on mobile-review suggesting this issue is widespread.

Link (if permitted): http://www.mobile-review.com/article...-brak-en.shtml

My post is to warn other C7 & N8 owners to back up the phone because it's likely not to wake up. Have a spare device handy to put your SIM into and check your warranty procedure.

Looking forward to my next new C7!
I've done a 5 hour car journey with ovi maps navigating all the way on a C7 (Reading, UK to Bristol, then up to the Forest of Dean) without any problems with the battery running all the way down. How long was your journey?
Ads

Old 29-01-2011, 02:33 AM

stefanv3 is on a distinguished road
This problem does not affect all C7 and N8 devices - according to the article which is linked in my post it may affect about 5% of devices.
My post was to alert anyone experiencing early symptoms to "prepare" as the end is neigh!
http://www.mobile-review.com/article...-brak-en.shtml

Old 29-01-2011, 12:08 PM

razaangraze.g is on a distinguished road
I took my bd to the vet 3 days ago, because she wouldnt put on weight. The blood tests came back today. She has something wrong with the way she takes in protein and fat. I think it might be hereditary