All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-10-2001, 12:25 PM

This is for all of you customizing freaks.

Just noticed that editing Colorscm.dat (e.g. with hex editor) in /system/data folder allows you to change system colors, including font colors!!
Haven't got time to figure out which field corresponds to which color entry, though. (to try whether it works, I changed many fields here and there and now I've got green window font w/ purple background and some kind of brownish left hand pane...)

Now you try to figure out details.

.g

Old 12-10-2001, 12:35 PM

JeP is on a distinguished road
Thats great!, keep on working [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Maeby we can get totally cooool desktop themes!!

Old 12-10-2001, 12:52 PM

.gif is on a distinguished road
Ok.

Just had to dig up little more. Seems that file 'gulcolor.h' in Devkit might be closely related...

.g

Old 12-10-2001, 02:58 PM

Loony, are you listening? [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2001, 03:11 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds interesting... very interesting... Loony... where are you?

Rafe who really wants a 9210 so he can customise it. Nokia are you listening I dont have a 9210 and run this site...

Rafe

Old 12-10-2001, 03:56 PM

Rafe my dear frend... What can we do to get you one 9210?? I think at least you should have it.. Any ideas? Collectin money like... well..

I really hope you can get one quick.

Old 12-10-2001, 04:59 PM

Jan is on a distinguished road
Hi,
can you spicify what you did changed in this file to give us a start?

Jan

Old 12-10-2001, 05:29 PM

Loonyworld is on a distinguished road
<B>Reading you loud and clear</B>
Woohoo..[img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
The final stage of the themeing part has begun...
But as our trusty pal Jan asked
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>Can you spicify what you did changed in this file to give us a start </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
A little jump start would be nice.
But letīs all see what we can come up with..
Oh..Joy..I can hardly contain myself..
Only prob is now an installer is almost needed to put all the custom files into peoples communicators [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
He He...This is turning into a fulltime gig.All those themes to make, all those .mbmīs to convert, all those new colours to write...Oh my god itīs full of stars..[img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[addsig]

Old 12-10-2001, 05:46 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
JeP - You all do enough just my visiting the site and making it a community! I guess I'll get one when I get one. It just be real nice if I got one from Nokia... (yeah right says everyone!)

Anyway I'll get one sooner or later, and for the time being rely on you guys.. [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Rafe

Old 12-10-2001, 05:54 PM
Founder / Chief

Loony

I should be capable of coming up with an installer for the files. If you can tell me where the files go I might even be able to have a shot at it over the weekend. (I dont need the actual modified files, just their names.)

I can come up with the .pkg file, which will make a sis with makesis. Perhaps I could do this for your themes too if you are interested?

Rafe

Old 12-10-2001, 05:55 PM

Just a quick sideremark..

JeP....
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>Thats great!, keep on working
Maeby we can get totally cooool desktop themes!!</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
Oh JeP)---<!-- BBCode u2 Start --><A HREF="http//loonyworld.homepage.dk/9210.html" TARGET="_blank"><B>H_E_R_E</B></A><!-- BBCode u2 End --> im workin hard like a donkey to satisfy your needs...[img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Lets see if we can scoop some fluffy stylish colours in there..
Allthough there is also all the icons to be made for Jan...Oh my God...This is getting outta hand [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And Rafe...M8 with a huge M..
The installer would be fantastic..Only letīs not rush it so we can include the custom colours too...That would really rock the boat..Imagine some ER6 Theme .sis files.COMPLETE with wallpapers, menutextures, icons AND new colours..OMG..That should drop a few jaws here and there [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Nice Friday night to all of you....

Old 12-10-2001, 05:58 PM
Founder / Chief

Loony

Perhaps you could so some simple instructions on what you've been doing so other could share the workload. I am doing this for a tutorial but getting it from the horses mouth would be good too!

Rafe

Old 12-10-2001, 06:05 PM

Rafe.....Ofcourse...[img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by Loonyworld on 2001-10-12 2008 ]</font>

Old 12-10-2001, 09:43 PM

Russ is on a distinguished road
I'm baack.

Just noticed this thread...

i am happy to help out building packages for this little project.

Also with regard to getting Rafe a 9210 I have an Ide.

My company (Interrorem.com) is about to start running a promo by which if someone sells (or gives us a lead that results in us selling) a Penetration test we will give them a contract Free 9210 as comission.

Check the site our for our services. You guys could sell a pen test or two and then "donate" your 9210 to Rafe.

We will probably announce the propotion in the next few weeks, but I will open it to you guys here, early... (just mail me to let me know, so I can then sign you up as a partner and give you access to the Extranet).

Do me a favour and don't put up banner ads and the like until it goes public though, eh?

The promo will probably end at Christmas.

mail me if this sort of thing is useful. (labrat@interrorem.com)

I will be back developing again soon. But what with the terrorism stuff recently I have been too busy doing security stuff [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2001, 09:59 PM

Jan is on a distinguished road
Mr. Spooner,

Nice to see you here. So i will take this opportunity to ask you about the announced irc-client. Any news on a release-date? Thanks!

Jan