All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-01-2011, 12:57 PM

simonm223 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Major problems with C6-01

The day before yesterday (second day of ownership) the C6-01 decided it didn't want to turn on.

We took it back to the store yesterday and suddenly it would turn on again without trouble (to my embarrassment). My wife (who is the primary user of the phone) took it and played with it for a bit and it lost connectivity with our network.

She brought it home, I installed OVI suite, backed up the contents of the phone, reset it, restored it, problem solved.

Then, half an hour later, she was making a call. She hung up from the call and the phone crashed during hang-up. I was able to get it to turn off and NOW THE DARN THING WON'T TURN ON AGAIN!

I've tried removing and resetting the battery. I tried removing and resetting the SIM. I tried the three-finger salute (although I'm not sure I was using the right key combination) but no matter what I do it just sits there powered down. When I have it plugged into the computer and try occasionally, seemingly at random, when I try to connect the computer will detect the phone momentarily and then lose the connection.

I'm getting very frustrated. Help would be appreciated.
Ads

Old 04-01-2011, 05:08 PM

buxz777 is on a distinguished road
hi there

this sounds like the motherboard problem that has been bothering a few n8 owners and some c7 owners

they all use the same chipset so the motherboard is assembled the sameway across all these s3 phones

during first month of production nokia were made aware of faults and managed to track it down to the way the motherboards were built

they have insisted that this has now been recitified and that future nokia handsets with this chipset wont have any problems

however there will still be some about in shops etc from older batches

you have been very unlucky mate as its only affeced a small percentage although that wont make you feel better i know

take it back and ask for a replacement you are more then entitled as its such a short time

your next c6-01 should be alot better unless your very very unlucky :-) hope things work out for you though :-)

if you google c7 or n8 wont switch on youll see a few posts on it mate and it usaully starts off with reboots and failing to power back up followed by a final death