All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-03-2003, 01:04 AM

Can the p800 share disk space over bluetooth link?

Hi there.
I'm looking to buy a P800, but I have a few queries (and yes, I have searched the forums!)

Can you use the bluetooth link to use disk space on a separate device? For example, I regularly travel with my laptop - could I put a bluetooth adapter on the laptop, and then use it's 40G of disk space from the P800? If I could, it would rather increase the number of mp3s I could listen to

This also would be handy for the upcoming bluetooth hard drive devices... have a look at http://www.dynamism.com/hopbit/index.shtml

Also, is there any likelihood that there will one day be bluetooth mp3 handsfree that uses the p800 mp3 player? All the ones mentioned in posts here have their *own* storage, and their *own* mp3 decoder, which seems rather redundant. Or is it that bluetooth bandwidth isn't enough to transfer the music uncompressed to the headset?

Any advice/information would be good. I'm probably buying the p800 anyway, but these features would be very nice to have...

- Korny

Old 25-03-2003, 01:19 AM

CorruptedSanity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Can you use the bluetooth link to use disk space on a separate device? For example, I regularly travel with my laptop - could I put a bluetooth adapter on the laptop, and then use it's 40G of disk space from the P800? If I could, it would rather increase the number of mp3s I could listen to
Sure you can, am notsure of the programs' name but it lets you access your desktop/laptop via ur P800.

Quote:
Any advice/information would be good. I'm probably buying the p800 anyway, but these features would be very nice to have...
Just one thing man, dont think of it as buyin a Phone with PDA properties/attributes. It is like buyin a PDA with Phone attributes.

You see what am sayin ? its more of a PDA than a phone, opposite of he Nokia 3650.

But if you need both 2 in 1.then definitely get the P800
Ads