All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Nokia Video Cuts debuts in 'experimental' form

No, not a video editor, as the name might suggest, but rather an experimental way of jumping around your video collection. Working on any S60 5th Edition phone but so far only tested on the N97 and 5800, Nokia Video Cuts is available for trial and feedback now. I've included screenshots, links and an intro video below. If you like or dislike the app then please feedback to Nokia Beta Labs using the links they provide.

Read on in the full article.

Old 30-06-2010, 01:20 AM
iFanboy

Hey Steve, this has nothing to do with the article tbh but I dot have your email address so thought I'd put it here :-). Have you heard of the Owli Bubo for the iPhone 3GS (and soon IPhone 4?).

I stumbled upon this device by accident on YouTube and, like yourself (I'm guessing anywhoo) I primarily use mobile phone as my main camera and this thing really excites me! To think of the possibilities of this device coupled with an iPhone 4's 720p 30fps capture is brilliant, and I can't wait to try it out. Of much hype is the macro lens feature, check out some of the YouTube clips demo-ing it, it's simply brilliant :-). Anyway I know you don't own an iPhone but as a cameraphone enthusiast just wanted your take on it and if they made/make anything like this for the Symbian world would you consider using it or is it getting on the verge of: Why not just buy a camera in the first place?

Cheers!

http://www.wantowle.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5fO-...=youtube_gdata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdi2U...=youtube_gdata

Old 30-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Not surprisingly

It's from Nokia Beta Labs.

(and, so)

It sucks.

Nobody but Nokia would employ programmers this bad.

Close down NBL, hire some good programmers, give Nokia a fighting competitive chance against The Fruit Monopoly.

How hard is that?

Old 01-07-2010, 05:20 AM

malerocks is on a distinguished road
Dude, this is a experimental application. Which means its in alpha mode (not even beta yet). Alpha apps are known to crash, and usually have coding improvement left to do.

Beta labs releases applications early so that users can *voluntarily* try out the application, provide suggestions, report bugs and the application can then be improved accordingly and released.

I think your expectations are a bit too high. Rants about formally released applications are logical, not experimental (alpha).
Ads

Old 02-07-2010, 02:08 PM

clonmult is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's from Nokia Beta Labs.

(and, so)

It sucks.

Nobody but Nokia would employ programmers this bad.

Close down NBL, hire some good programmers, give Nokia a fighting competitive chance against The Fruit Monopoly.

How hard is that?
You what????? Whatever planet you're on, please stay there, the earth is a better place without your inane rantings.

Beta labs has come out with some stunningly good applications, and they obviously have some truly excellent coders and designers.

Maps - came out of the beta labs.
Sports Tracker - came out of beta labs, now a separate company
Photo Browser - absolutely stunning photo viewer (leagues ahead of the built in apps)
Wellness Diary - only problem with that is that its not available for Symbian^1
Step Counter
Silverlight for Symbian