All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-05-2010, 03:29 PM

bchliu is on a distinguished road
Vivaz Anyone?

Just got a Vivaz today since I gave away my N97 (for a N900) and ended up craving for S60 again..

I've noticed that GPS locks on this is really bad.. when looking at the options, there is no "assisted GPS" as an option (despite the specs saying otherwise) and only the standard "integrated GPS" is there along with the usual BT and Network based locations.

Mods: Any chance to change this section of Forum to also include VIVAZ and not just SATIO?

Thanks..

Old 24-05-2010, 09:39 PM

bchliu is on a distinguished road
Since we had lots of views, but no answers - I'll answer myself. The phone was "branded" to Virgin Mobile Australia and did not show any form of updates from SE Updater. However, I had read that there were already updates through the generic firmwares, so I found a website that helped debrand the phone. Once debranded and updated to version R2AK007 (from R2AK006), the GPS managed to lock on almost immediately.

The debranding process is very tedious and takes over an hour to complete.. but its worth it just to fix these issues!
Ads

Old 16-11-2010, 05:12 PM

thesoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchliu View Post
Since we had lots of views, but no answers - I'll answer myself. The phone was "branded" to Virgin Mobile Australia and did not show any form of updates from SE Updater. However, I had read that there were already updates through the generic firmwares, so I found a website that helped debrand the phone. Once debranded and updated to version R2AK007 (from R2AK006), the GPS managed to lock on almost immediately.

The debranding process is very tedious and takes over an hour to complete.. but its worth it just to fix these issues!
Hi mate, this is exactly what i need something to debrand "vodafone" off my phone so i can update firmware to SE new version

I too have R2AK006, can you link me to the software