All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Links of Interest

Old 01-05-2010, 11:56 PM
iFanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"oh Puh-Lease"

What are you? Some kind of bad american sit-com stereotype from circa 1996?

I would be embarassed to use that kind of expression.
Um, wow. Nice, insightful comment, well done! Now go pat yourself on your back and go join the other unregistered filth :-)

Old 02-05-2010, 05:06 AM
Kalel17

Ifan

Hmmm ifanboy what specs are you talking about? I have 1 word for you: N900. N900 is almost 100usd cheaper than the 3gs yet still it blows it out of the water specwise, same as it does to your joke.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:27 AM
Kalel17

It

Software innovation happens all over it is just that the ones from america are more publicized. But what is software innovation really? All the innovation i have seen coming from america has to do with pretty ui and fancy animations, not much useful unless you have sub 80 iq or is a toddler who like watchin flashy stuff. Lets look at the "innovations" a crippled os based on unix run by a law firm with secret police, an os comprising of a linux kernel with a java layer ontop, a sudo smartphone/dumbphone os by the pc os giant, an os consisting of basically html pages running atop a linux kernel server. The biggest innovation there seems to be the combination of secret service, law and mobile tech , all those os did only one thing better than symbian and others before them- they looked nicer, thats all the innovation. No groundbreaker in the way the os manages power, how the os functions with tasks, the way the file system is managed, nothing. They are all based on established kernels 20+ years old. I have to admit though that they changed the way 3rd party apps are consumed but apart from that nothing else.

I realised that the 'nokia doomed' chat is now stale and isnt being repeated much more, so people are finding alternate means of insult. They are now breaking apart impressive stats like these and trying to throw negatives all over them. So instead of 'nokia doomed because they are losing marketshare' we are having: 'nokia is irrelevant in the high end' 'nokia make cheap smartphone' 'nokia profit low'(like you should give a d*mn how much money a company makes off you) and all kind of other quite funny talks. The question is: what will you all say when they improve on those things that you criticise them for? Will it change to 'the name nokia is too old'? Get a grip nokia is here to do business and they will continue to do well, nothing any1 of the naysayers can say will change that.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFanboy View Post
Nokia fanboy says to an iPhone fanboy : I got rubbish specs from a smartphone for 400 than you did for 400 so...um....there?
You mean like a really poor camera with no flash, a crippled OS where you have to shut down apps to open another and the worst radio signal strength perormance? Not too mention the poor battery life and slightly embarassing stigma.

But don't worry, it has nice transitions on its touch UI. Really useful when it says "no service" at the top.

I speak (write) from experience.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
"oh Puh-Lease"

What are you? Some kind of bad american sit-com stereotype from circa 1996?

I would be embarassed to use that kind of expression.

Surely you don't expect anything else from somebody that openly admits being a fan of gadget maker? Apple lover = socially handicapped.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Last quarter overall(not just smart phones), RIM tied Sony Ericsson and sold more phones world wide than Motorola. In the US Apple outsold Motorola.

Motorola's that bad.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Nokia are in trouble, but they are not finished yet. I think they only have about 9 to 12 months to turn around their high end smartphone sales performance.

By the end of this year we will see Android OS becoming the default choice for many phone manufacturers (customers will be buying Android phones without knowing they are android phones), the new iPhone will push up Apples share of the market considerably as it is likely draw in new customers just by discounting the current 3gs, Windows Phone will be the new (old) kid on the block with Microsoft throwing everything they have at it, and even HP investing $1.2B in Palm is likely to have an impact. If Nokia havent got their act together by then, with some real solid (read - not their usual buggy firmware) releases I think they will have a major problem turning things round in the high end smartphone market.
Ads

Old 02-05-2010, 02:37 PM

comnut is on a distinguished road
Nokia are in trouble??? I bet apple wish they were getting as much as they do....

and if you just look from 2009, they are actually 'on the up'...

Now if apple started releasing MUCH more types of phone....

That is why Nokia wins, a different phone for everyone...

Old 03-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

Nokia is not in trouble, even though N8 has been thrashed by Eldar, I really love it over that Iphone 4.
UI is not everything, Hardware shouls also be there, and i bet N8 has the best hardware.

Fanboy, have you ever imagined an iphone having USB on the go?? HDMI out??
I will not be surprised if u say a big.. "NO"??

Old 03-05-2010, 06:12 PM
iFanboy

"Fanboy, have you ever imagined an iphone having USB on the go?? HDMI out??
I will not be surprised if u say a big.. "NO"??"

The name's just to get reactions, which works ;-)

I'd love to have HDMI out, and if you checked my posts, you'll find I'm very impressed with the N8 :-). I'm actually hoping the N8 kicks a$$ tbh and gives Apple a run for their money as it'll only make them make the next iPhone, better ;-)