Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 22-04-2010, 05:49 PM

germcevoy is on a distinguished road
Give us a new comparison format Steve. These tables give us nothing
Ads

Old 22-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Bulakbuk

very biased

Steve, I expected more from you than just put all your nice perspective on your precious Samsung. I understand that your Samsung is indeed a powerful mobile tool for today's standard, but I must say that your comparisons were overly objective in favor of your Samsung.

I really don't like the thought of pitting two devices against each other and prove w/c one outsmarts the other. What I think is important is how you can maximize your device's potential to the tops and get the most out of it and make it work for you the way you want it to.

Old 23-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Web Link Symbian apps at www.allapps.co.uk

Here's a good link to legal Symbian apps, also free downloads.
Check www.allapps.co.uk

Old 23-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Not really a fair comparison

This isnt really a fair compariosn pitting a SE Android device that isn't running the latest firmware and is has had the SE custom interface slapped on to it.

The Xperia in my opinion does not represent a good android phone, a better comparison would be with the new HTC Android devices like the Inredible, HTC have managed to do a great jop of keeping the core of ANdroid intact while adding the Sense UI on to it. The experience is much fatser and smoother.

Old 23-04-2010, 04:10 PM

Gerii is on a distinguished road
No need for a modified version of Ovi Maps on the I8910 - just install the latest S60SOA package and download the latest version of Ovi Maps from Nokia or even get 3.4 from Beta Labs. All working fine.

Old 25-04-2010, 10:31 PM

chippysteve is on a distinguished road
Contacts does sync.

Contacts does sync. It just needs to be turned on. SE needs to create a guided first-time set-up app for the X10.

Agree that camera is disappointing. Video not bad though. 2mbps MPEG4 at VGA produces good results. Don't buy this for the cam. Less sensitive than an N82. Cam light is very poor.

I'm sure the screen is plastic, not glass. Just my observation though.

Browser is super-fast. Very impressive. GPS too.

Mediascape has some nice features, fast track, genre, favs, recent played plus infinity button to get YouTube related videos, PlayNow tracks or Google search.

Apps.Apps. Apps Apps! Google Sky, Email, maps, goggles, etc etc. Elevate the phone way above symbian. (I'm a 2 year N82 user but this Android experience probably means I won't be going back to Symbian)

Speaker is crap

For an active user, 9-12 hours usage with either Wifi or 3G. Heavy user will have to charge late afternoon.

Screen is just amazing. Outdoor and in-car use is better than anything i've tried. Transflective.

Wisepilot very good but damn expensive. This version doesnt include offline maps although thats coming.

HSPA is fast. (I'm getting 1.5mbps UPLOAD here!

On screen keyboard is not so accurate but includes some very good word prediction. It needs hit area intelligence. Many keyboards on the market though.

Style is great. Yes, some plastic, but good plastic and rubber covered back.

Good memory management.

Quality buttons.

Nice case. 8GB micro SD (class 2) USB charger.

Poor codec support. (up to 2mbps WMV and MPEG4.)

The X10 doesn't beat the Desire (apart from screen) and the Milestone is now under 400 Euro so is quite the bargain (has Gorilla glass too!)

X10 is something if you want to be a little unique, really need the fastest, best browsing experience, do a lot of reading (you can use this as an ebook reader)

There's more but I should stop now!Only meant to comment on the contacts sync!

Actually i'm logging all my experiences on a blog. http://xperiax10.carrypad.com
but as i'm a big big cam fan, I might be reverting to my N82 soon until a real Android-based cameraphone (or maybe MeeGo) comes out. I can't see myself going back to current Symbian now despite Gravity and free maps.

Steve / Chippy

Last edited by chippysteve; 25-04-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Old 26-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chippysteve View Post
Contacts does sync. It just needs to be turned on. SE needs to create a guided first-time set-up app for the X10.
Nope, I turned syncing on. It just didn't. 8-) Give me *some* credit!

Quote:
Agree that camera is disappointing. Video not bad though. 2mbps MPEG4 at VGA produces good results. Don't buy this for the cam. Less sensitive than an N82. Cam light is very poor.
Poor audio/video sync - ruined it for me.

Quote:
Apps.Apps. Apps Apps! Google Sky, Email, maps, goggles, etc etc. Elevate the phone way above symbian. (I'm a 2 year N82 user but this Android experience probably means I won't be going back to Symbian)
Sure thing, Android is pretty well stocked right now. Apart from games.

Quote:
Speaker is crap
x10 8-)

Quote:
Screen is just amazing. Outdoor and in-car use is better than anything i've tried. Transflective.
Yup. Gorgeous.

Quote:
X10 is something if you want to be a little unique, really need the fastest, best browsing experience, do a lot of reading (you can use this as an ebook reader)
Sounds about right!

Old 26-04-2010, 10:06 AM

chippysteve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitchfield View Post
Nope, I turned syncing on. It just didn't. 8-) Give me *some* credit!
I always give you credit Steve :-)

Here are my contact sync settings. Everything kicked into action after configuring them like this.

Old 26-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Cool Love my i8910

About a month ago, just prior to buying an i8910, I was dead set on buying Nokia's current Symbian flagship offering, the N97/N97 Mini. However, inside the store and at the very last moment, I decided against these and got the i8910 instead.

I'm very glad I did as I absolutely love the phone.

While I've yet to pimp it out with custom firmware, although I will soon, even straight out-of-the-box I feel it holds up very well against the current flagships from many other cellphone manufacturers.

However, some of the upcoming Android flagships are tempting to me jump ship to that OS - the HTC Droid Incredible comes to mind as I write this.