All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-02-2010, 12:37 PM

TurtlePower is on a distinguished road
n97 mini - any problems?

Hi

i have an n97 and have been asked by a friend if the mini is any good.

now that i have a replacement n97 on version 2.1 and am pretty happy with it now - still get erratic gps at times (not very often) and the occasional ram problems and the ever present c: drive memory shortage but my question to the mini owners is do you have any of these issues / problems?

My understanding is the mini has smaller mass memory, smaller form factor, no fm transmitter, bigger c: and ram sizes - asides those its the same.

Thanks for your comments

Old 21-02-2010, 03:16 PM

jmurch is on a distinguished road
mini

TP,

Even thought my product code wont update yet to 11 i am very happy with it and am very happy i didnt get an iphone.

I'm on ATT is the US.

Jeff

Old 23-02-2010, 05:53 AM

to_sukanta is on a distinguished road
Mini is smaller form factor, metal back cover, less mass memory, no lens cover, no FM transmitter, bigger C and probably same amount of RAM.
and Mini doesn't have the famious GPS problem that its big brother has... (atleast that much I am aware of) and with V11 its a lovely phone in use..
But sometime it does hick up... hangs and restarted... but I would attribute that as a general problem with multitasker smartphone... Switching off everynight does makes your phone happy..

Old 23-02-2010, 11:48 AM

TurtlePower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by to_sukanta View Post
Mini is smaller form factor, metal back cover, less mass memory, no lens cover, no FM transmitter, bigger C and probably same amount of RAM.
and Mini doesn't have the famious GPS problem that its big brother has... (atleast that much I am aware of) and with V11 its a lovely phone in use..
But sometime it does hick up... hangs and restarted... but I would attribute that as a general problem with multitasker smartphone... Switching off everynight does makes your phone happy..
Thanks it was the GPS which is the main gripe i had - my replacement is much better!

Old 01-03-2010, 01:20 PM

bigwetfish is on a distinguished road
I have the mini amazing however some problems with picodrive and vbag

but otherwise GPS fabulous.
Ads