All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-02-2010, 09:54 AM

zero24 is on a distinguished road
TomTom

After being completely nokia loyal and using Tomtom very succesfully on N70, N73 and most recently on my beautiful beloved N95 8gb my contract came up for renewal.

I didn't want to be an Isheep and also loving the awesome camera of the Satio I made my first entrepid jump to Sony Ericcson.

First impressions were, it's like a sexy nokia, same feel as symbian S60V3 on N95 (which I loved!) but newer and better.

Thing is, I want my tom tom on it. I have TT Nav 6 at the moment and although it will install fine on to the satio it takes me to the green legal warning screen with the I agree selection bottom right, but it will not select no matter how much I tap away.

Tomtom technical support (yanks - grrrr!) are as useful as they can be. They are making no updates to TT Nav 6, and with the satio being so new it is categorically not supported. TT Nav 7 is just for windows based phones at the moment but the lady I spoke with said they are looking to make it Symbian friendly, so the Satio would probably be covered when they did this.

Two problems - this could take ages and I am going to haveto pay for another version of TT Nav.

What alternatives are there to TT that work on the Satio? Do any come anywhere close to how good Tomtom is? I tried using Nokia Maps on my N95 and hated every minute of it.

Very frustrating - any help/guidance/suggestions welcome.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:55 AM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer Nokia maps has improved .. so try it

Ovi maps can be got to work on the Satio .. you do need to do the RomPatcher thing .. I haven't managed to get Ovi Maps 3.3 (the one with voice guidance) to work yet .. http://helloox2.com/?page=signed it'll cost you $5 .. think of it as a tip.
This might also get your TT running!

There are some other offline maps available but Ovi is much better if you live in parts of the world Navteq have surveys of.

I'm not sure what needs to be done to get 3.3 working .. since the Satio has lots more capacity than the N97 and I was able to get 3.3 onto my N97 after using the drive c: rearranger ..

Old 11-02-2010, 12:36 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile

Sygic Mobile Maps is the actual Teleatlas (=TomTom) follow up of TT for Symbian .
-- Sygic McGuider User bugs
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=83316
Sygic recently updated the McGuider to Mobile Maps :
McGuider versus Sygic Mobile Maps 2009
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=91915
About getting TT working on E71 there is a discussion here
-- TomTom and E71
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=75874

Regards jApi NL

Old 11-02-2010, 07:45 PM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer Ahh .. yep

Sygic would be a great choice for anyone not in Asia .. Thats just a bit of a hole in their plan for world domination!
Ads