All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-12-2009, 08:55 PM

shuck13000 is on a distinguished road
Help debranding an E63 with NSS

Hi guys,

please help me if you can. Got a new E63 from 3 and want to debrand it. I tried it on my Vista PC which already had pc suite 7.1 and nokia software updater installed but when I installed NSS i get this web page about installing the virual usb driver but i never actually get prompted to install any virtual usb device. I've done lots of searching which said it might be that vista doesn't work (or that you have to run it in compatibility mode), it might be that pc suite is incompatible, some say you have to uninstall nokia software updater but none of this has helped. So, I went to my old XP machine which has never had NSS or any nokia software on it. I installed NSS, plugged in the usb cable from my phone, it did prompt to install a Nokia usb rom driver but didn't find a driver so when i pointed it to c:\program files\nss\driver, it gave me the option to install the federal one driver but said that it wasn't recommended cause it couldn't guarantee it was compatible, i installed it anyway but everytime I run NSS it still can't find my phone... Anybody got any ideas please??
Ads

Old 09-12-2009, 02:05 PM

shuck13000 is on a distinguished road
Finally got it!!

Well, if anyone is interested I finally got it to work on my Vista PC. Not sure how but what I can say is the only Nokia software i had installed was pc suite 7.1, i downloaded the latest NSS from b phreaks (1.0.38.15) used compatibility mode for the installer file, once installed then NSS automatically ran in compatibility mode as well. I removed the battery from the phone for ten seconds then restarted it and once it was up and running i connected it to the pc and finally NSS found it and I was able to debrand it, finally...

Old 11-01-2010, 11:29 PM

waynegillo is on a distinguished road
Thank you for taking the time to post this information. I had been driven mad by my inability to get NSS to recognise my E63 phone. Following your post I ran both NSS and PC suite in compatability mode, took the battery out and tried again, could not believe it had worked. Now have successfully debranded and updated firmware.

Old 30-11-2011, 03:37 PM

Madmoose is on a distinguished road
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with NSS...

I got a used 3-branded E63 for my daughter which I had unlocked. She can now use it on o2 but battery life is terrible. I read that it needs debranding to remove the defined 3 access points.

I've downloaded NSS onto my Windows 7 netbook, which I've installed and run in compatibility mode. I've followed all the above steps from this thread and other stuff on the net but I still can't get NSS to recognise the E63. It connects okay to Nokia Suite in either mass storage of PC Suite mode (not sure which is the best way to connect but neither work).

I have no idea how to get the E63 to talk to NSS.

Cheers,

Craig