All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-12-2009, 04:41 PM

capitaine is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Critical comments on Ovi Store not allowed - Nokia censorship over the top

OVI store mods have deleted 2 of my comments that I left on 2 apps yesterday, quite justified in my opinion. I cant remember right now the actual apps I left them on, but this is what I posted:

some companies seem to have no clue how to do business? Do they want to sell this app or what? When the purpose of the app leans more to the entertainment side than actual practical necessity, nobody's gonna shell out 3. Get real and drop this price

6 for this?? Get lost!

Their reasoning is:
We have removed the comment since it appears to violate the Ovi Store content guidelines.

OK the comments I posted perhaps didnt mince words, but I think it's ridiculous for Nokia to be censoring such trivial stuff. My bet is the app developers prompted Nokia to remove them, and Nokia basically kissed ass.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:00 PM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitaine View Post
OVI store mods have deleted 2 of my comments that I left on 2 apps yesterday, quite justified in my opinion. I cant remember right now the actual apps I left them on, but this is what I posted:

some companies seem to have no clue how to do business? Do they want to sell this app or what? When the purpose of the app leans more to the entertainment side than actual practical necessity, nobody's gonna shell out 3. Get real and drop this price

6 for this?? Get lost!

Their reasoning is:
We have removed the comment since it appears to violate the Ovi Store content guidelines.

OK the comments I posted perhaps didnt mince words, but I think it's ridiculous for Nokia to be censoring such trivial stuff. My bet is the app developers prompted Nokia to remove them, and Nokia basically kissed ass.
No, you were quite rude "no clue how to do business" and "get lost!" for example.
If you had limited your comments to factual non-personal ones they wouldn't have deleted your post.
If I were a mod I would have deleted your post. No offence intended!

Old 09-12-2009, 10:14 PM

chongsparks is on a distinguished road
Well I've had two app reviews removed now and both contained only pure facts with no dodgy language. Both apps were terrible and had hidden "extras" contained within and I pointed this out quite objectively. I've since looked again at reviews for the same apps and they still contain older (than mine) reviews that are things like "this app is sh*t don't bother". Ovi store are inconsistent and to be honest it IS sh*t. The whole N97 firmware debacle coupled with nokia's ovi awfulness has turned me totally off nokia, after 7 years of almost trouble free custom. The company seems to have been taken over and is now managed by monkeys who couldn't give a sh*t about customer retention.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:42 PM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongsparks View Post
Well I've had two app reviews removed now and both contained only pure facts with no dodgy language. Both apps were terrible and had hidden "extras" contained within and I pointed this out quite objectively. I've since looked again at reviews for the same apps and they still contain older (than mine) reviews that are things like "this app is sh*t don't bother". Ovi store are inconsistent and to be honest it IS sh*t. The whole N97 firmware debacle coupled with nokia's ovi awfulness has turned me totally off nokia, after 7 years of almost trouble free custom. The company seems to have been taken over and is now managed by monkeys who couldn't give a sh*t about customer retention.
Well its not fair if other reviews containing swearing are still online.

Yur first review went a bit far so perhaps they have black-listed all your reviews? Seems harsh if they did!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 AM

chongsparks is on a distinguished road
Perhaps. I'm thinking of contacting nokia to request an explanation of their censoring of some reviews but not others. However, judging from their customer conduct recently it's unlikely it will come to anything.
Ads