All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 30-11-2009, 10:35 AM

clonmult is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitchfield View Post
I'm afraid that the N82, much as I love it, fails for me in late 2009 because:

1) Screen is only 2.4" and too dim - I can't cope with it anymore as a I get older!
2) USB is too slow for file transfers
3) Camera results, though usually pretty good, aren't saturated enough for me, I do like my colours quite vivid. Might be a personal thing
4) T9 still isn't really my thing. Sorry.

N86 also fails at the moment, by the way, because:

1) Firmware is STILL buggy, even at v20, and annoyingly so. Crashes and glitches, surprising for a 3rd Edition FP2 phone, to be honest.
2) T9... yada, see above 8-)

Me, fussy?
N85 is still buggy at v30.201, so no surprises at v20 of the N86. Its something Nokia really need to work a lot harder towards - it really does look like chronically insufficient testing.

I'll give you USB transfer speeds, its something thats much better on the N85 over the N95, although I'm much happier working with a card reader.

Colour balance is interesting, and always down to personal preference - I've always tended to prefer the images I took on the W810 over almost everything else since due to the colour balance. A tad cool, but otherwise very accurate.

What do you think of the Satios flash overall - does it give good coverage, and does it appear to be well metered?

Old 30-11-2009, 11:03 AM

yade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitchfield View Post

>>Can you give us a bit more detail regarding the usability of some of the controls please, in particular the accessability of the exposure compensation. This is the control used most often I would have thought, because of the issue encountered

As stated, I loved the Satio's camera interface. And exposure is one of the main settings, one tap away 8-)
I agree that the interface is very good as is the Samsung (something Nokia could learn from). My only gripe is that there is no shortcut to change the AF settings. You have to go into the camera settings which is frustrating.

Old 30-11-2009, 02:00 PM

djmuzi is on a distinguished road
Glad to hear that the N86 is still competitive in some situations

But how about comparing a real competitor: The Samsung Pixon 12. Yes it has no Symbian but this part was about camera, would be nice to see the Sation against the other 12 mp phone There are some reviews which makes the Pixon 12 king of camera phones: better sharpness, better colors, better saturaton...

Old 05-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Congratulations Steve ! You managed to write a review about Satio that concludes that Nokia N86 is better...
Ads