All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Links of Interest

Old 19-10-2009, 06:39 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
J1CK.Tweet ensures polished a Twitter experience for all

Mobile Jorge has uncovered another useful new entrant to the Java/S60 software scene, in the form of the strangely named J1CK.Tweet, a Java-based Twitter client that works flawlessly on S60 3rd and 5th Edition phones and which, from the screenshots, appears to be challenging the commercial Gravity client, with Twitpic support, multiple accounts, trending topics, and more. Well worth a look, seeing as J1CK.Tweet is freeware.

Read on in the full article.

Old 19-10-2009, 08:53 AM

seki is on a distinguished road
hrm ..

none of the obvious candidates seem to install on my N97 .. anyone else have success?

Old 19-10-2009, 09:43 AM

juwlz is on a distinguished road
The standard Nokia Touchscreen phones (e.g. nokia 5800) version just installed fine for me.

Old 19-10-2009, 10:40 AM
The Alliterator

Has anyone found a genuine reason for Twitter yet?
Ads

Old 19-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

Has anyone found a genuine reason for e-mail/SMS/phones yet?

Old 19-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Has anyone found a genuine reason for e-mail/SMS/phones yet?
Lame.

This is a thread about a twitter app. As USUAL, an evasive answer because no genuine reason for Twitter can be imagined.

18-24 months max and Twitter will be a memory.

Twitter will follow the same trend as blogs, where 90%+ of all new blog accounts haven't been touched in over a year.

Email and SMS, though much older, are continuing to grow.

Old 19-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Actually there is. Much like blogs and bbs, twitters are there to allow people who share between each other. Twitter isn't as new as it seems, it is merely an extension to blogging. That is why it is often called 'micro blogging'. AFAIK, blogging has yet to die down.

Like blogs, twitter has many uses - some uses it to share personal stuff, whilst some even use it as an extension to customer service. I have personally used it to communicate publicly with a CS which helped solve an issue I had. Twitter, like blogging, is a platform for whatever you want it to be.

Stop hating if you can't find a reason. Many has, but if you can't then that is your problem.

Old 19-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

I want to add that there is no evidence that twitter in the future will cease to exist. If it does it will be the Company itself, but the concept of microblogging will continue to exist in the form of tumblr and future microblogging platforms.

BTW, if you bother to read the history of Twitter, you will realise that the first twitter prototype was initially an internal communication service for a company (much like IM). As you see, they have found it useful. So please please stop with the "what is the point of Twitter". There is, if you can't see it just go away and let us use whatever we think is useful for us in peace.

Old 23-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

I tweet, therefore I am

I use twitter to keep up with colleagues across the country on an informal basis. It's very much like a virtual "water cooler" in the office.

If I don't have the time to hang around on Twitter, I don't feel like I'm missing out. But often I get a gold nugget (tip, web site, blog entry, etc.) from one of my colleagues or one of the subject matter experts that I follow.

If you get those tips another way, good for you. I like the informal, off the cuff interaction with people in different social/work communities and across different geographies that Twitter enables.