Stacker 3 is now released: 2 interesting areas are the "compact contacts" and "compact memory"
Changes in Stacker 3.00
- Has been tested and is fully compatible with Nokia 3650 as well as with Nokia 7650.
- Compact Contacts Database was added.
What is this for? Stacker can compact contacts database by removing unused blocks in its files (defragging). These block appear in process of editing or deleting data in such files. Compacting will not only save some space on disk it will even speed up working with your contacts!
- Compact memory command was added. It will reclaim some executable memory from system. Now there's no need to restart your device to get the maximum amount of memory available.
- When starting Stacker it shows 'waiting for complete' message if there is background compressor working until compressor finishes its work.
- Warning about compressing apps with Embedding capability.
- Some minor improvements in logic and interface.
There's no need to unpack all compressed applications, just install this version over the previous one.
I noticed on another site that this has been cracked already!! In less than 10 Minutes, if this is how much effort they put into protecting their products, its no wonder they are cracked so easily. I have seen the tutorial on how to crack this program and it is just a case of changing two hex codes!!
Thanks for the info mate. However, it still doesn't support automatic 1-click launch of compressed groups (or favorites). Only for standard apps. Cracked or not, I will continue using sDoubler (officially purchased version!).
Well well done to Symbianware for their lack of security. No point wasting development time and HUGE amounts of space on an app that will be cracked anyway (ie. Photographer2). Im impressed with the compress contacts feature. Ive never used Stacker before as ive always used Space Doubler and been happy with it, but after installing Stacker today ive removed SD. Ill give it a good try to make sure its at least as stable as I found SD, from my first impresion this app is so much better, so even though ive got a a "full version" already if I continue to be happy with it ill be buying it as I have done before.