All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 24-09-2009, 07:16 PM

lyndonsandie is on a distinguished road
Dumping music onto phone?

whats the best way to dumpa few GB's of music onto my N86? I've a 16GB memory card, and my frst thought was to send justone track via bluetooth and save it to see which file location it went to so I could then put the memory card into the omputer to dump the rest on to it.

Problem is that I've saved that song via bluetooth and not only has the phone not asked me where I would like to save it (i.e. mem card, phone mem etc) but I've tried looking through all my files (and I mean all) and the file I sent isn't there.

It's definatey in the music galllery because I can play it, but the file cannot be found. I've even tried searching through Y-Browser with no luck.

any ideas?

Old 24-09-2009, 08:55 PM

GordonShowers is on a distinguished road
Dump 'em anywhere you like on the memory card - the phone doesn't care.

After you've put them on the memory card and inserted it into the phone, run the Music Player and select the option "Refresh library". This will scan the whole of your memory card for new music and add it to its internal music library.

Be prepared to give the phone half an hour or so to update a couple of gigs of music though......

Old 27-09-2009, 06:29 PM

lyndonsandie is on a distinguished road
hi, i've tried you're suggestion of putting it onto memory card then refreshing music library, but it isn't working. I tried one album first to see if it'd work, but when I "refresh library" it just shows the progress meter swirling away, and even after leaving it for 4 hours it doesn't do anything. I can only access the files via Y Browser. Which isn't good enough. My computer even tried telling me the memory card neededformatting before I could put the music onto the memory card. There isn't anything wrong with the sandisk memory card I've got. It's the second new card I've tried. I think there's something wrong with my phone accessing the memory card. It's got the most up to date software on it, what else can I do?↲thanks.
Ads