All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 18-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Tweets60 - the free alternative to Gravity?

Guest author David Gilson provides a brief look at Tweets60, a freeware alternative to the well known commercial Gravity. It certainly lacks Gravity's polish, but how useable is it in real life? David also explains why he prefers freeware - it's to do with lack of hassle more than lack of cost, a very valid viewpoint.

Read on in the full article.

Old 18-09-2009, 04:44 PM

DOLwm is on a distinguished road
Agreed. I've just installed it recently and found it to actually be very convenient.

What's more it's FREE!

I set it to refresh every 10 minutes, and it works rather flawlessly so +1 !

Old 18-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Works great on my E63

I also considered purchasing Gravity. However, since I am waiting to upgrade my handset as soon as the E72 arrives I opted for TweetS60. I didn't want to pay another $10 for a second license.

I am glad I did, it does everything I need and it was FREE!

Old 18-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

why not browse to www.dabr.co.uk?

Old 18-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Been using tweets60 for quite a while myself and I do find it extremely useful. I will, however, be purchasing a license for the pro version due to be released at a very reasonable price shortly, mainly for the twitpic support.
Ads

Old 19-09-2009, 01:57 AM
kaien

I found that the java based twibble is not a bad option as well, quite feature rich. Can use twitpic service straight too.

Old 19-09-2009, 10:17 AM

germcevoy is on a distinguished road
If you have Gravity and get a new phone you dont have to pay again. Just email them your new IMEI saying you got a new phone and they will add it to their database. I've did it twice now.

Old 19-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
yes, tweetS60 is a great free alternative, and its just easy... download and install.

Had this article been written before some of th updates were done to tweets60 then I'd have said buy gravity, as I started with Tweets60.

I have also spent some time with the Snaptu app which is very good for other things than just twitter, but it is UK centered.

Old 19-09-2009, 01:24 PM

ggravier is on a distinguished road
It's a great piece of software which I use daily!

Old 19-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

It's great that the app is free and all that, but is there really any point to twitter?

Old 19-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Oh great another 'what's the point of twitter' comment? You will fit in with those 'what's the point of e-mails, websites, mp3 players, sms, instant messages, TV, radio, mobile phones etc' Daily Mail readers.

Old 20-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh great another 'what's the point of twitter' comment? You will fit in with those 'what's the point of e-mails, websites, mp3 players, sms, instant messages, TV, radio, mobile phones etc' Daily Mail readers.
Notice the use of the word "another".

When people attempt to defend twatter they usually come up with lame straw man statements like the quote above. All of the list in that quote have obvious uses, apart from the last item concerning daily mail perhaps. But nobody has yet manage to justify this:

0 minutes ago: Nasty mess need to clean up
1 minutes ago: Used my fleshlight.
2 minutes ago: Perusing how great it is to have no human contact this week.
3 minutes ago: Scratched my butt hole with a toothpick

Old 20-09-2009, 12:21 PM

Steven_Smith is on a distinguished road
I am normally trying to find free software all the time, however Gravity is the best application which I have purchased.

I had the application on my N95 and now have it on my N97, the best thing is that if you talk to @janole on twitter he normally will swap the IMEI to your new phone rather than you having to purchase again.

However he does remove your old IMEI so if you want to install to more than one phone you will have to purchase more than one license.

Old 20-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

"0 minutes ago: Nasty mess need to clean up
1 minutes ago: Used my fleshlight.
2 minutes ago: Perusing how great it is to have no human contact this week.
3 minutes ago: Scratched my butt hole with a toothpick "

Then you sir/madam are simply close minded or simply too stupid to look for good contents. You probably thought the same about blogs and forums once before.

Old 20-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

If you do not like twitter then there is nothing to stop you from ignoring it. There are bad contents, but the joy of twitter is having the ability to follow whichever content you want. If you can't see the point of that then I pity you. I pity you even more since you clearly to not like the concept of twitter, yet is willing to troll.