All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 31-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Ewan, The Fringe and The Nokia N97 - part 7

It's the final part (7) of Ewan Spence's 'real world' test of the Nokia N97 at the Edinburgh Fringe and it's embedded below. He rounds up his experiences, explaining that he had to overcome his initial lack of excitement but that, once in use, the N97 performed really well when out and about at the Festival and did everything required of it. Ewan's fearful that the N97 will get overlooked now that the N900 has been announced and admits that S60 on the device seemed 'mature' and that backwards compatibility has proven something of a limitation, but overall I think he genuinely liked the Nokia N97 - to the point where he'd buy one if he didn't already own the qwerty-equipped E75. Happy watching - and suggestions welcome on what you'd like to see Ewan tackle next!

Read on in the full article.

Old 31-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Masonic

Review the N900

I would like a review of the N900. that would put my mind at ease as to what type of OS i might port to. it sounds very interesting. As for the N97, i am not interested at all as it seems to be ram-deprived.

Old 31-08-2009, 05:05 PM
GJW

Very nice (series of) review, thanks! What to discuss next.

- E72
- N900
and this new netbook.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Unregistered

I suspected that this would be the conclusion. N97 suffers not from ability, but from being headline-specification deprived. People want the fastest processor and highest screen pixel count, graphics accelerators and huge amounts of RAM, regardless of whether the thing can do what it needs to do quite capably, people want the specs.

It's a thing reflected in digital camera sales. People will want higher megapixel count sensors, regardless of the fact that lower megapixel sensors - for reasons of physics - produce better quality images in compact digital cameras.

Sad really.
Ads