All of those other articles are pretty fragmented.
Here is what I did over the weekend to get 47.5 MB free on my C: drive.
1. Backed up all of my contacts to my PC.
2. Copied all of my pictures, videos and documents to my PC.
3. Did a 'four-finger-salute' FACTORY RESET.
4. After answering the simple set-up prompts, I formatted the E: drive using File Manager.
5. I then did a *#7370# "HARD RESET".
6. After answering the set-up prompts I began reinstalling software.
7. Installed Facebook and Accuweather to E:
8. Set up my email to store to E:
9. Configured Ovi Store to download to E:
10. Restored Contacts to C: (only choice that I could determine)
11. Reconfigured all of my Destinations
12. Restored my Pictures, Videos and Music
13. Deleted and re-installed Quickoffice (okay so I broke down and bought it since it was half price this week) and installed it to C: (no other choice...it doesn't work on other drives).
14. Organized my Applications into Folders to make them more efficient (who wants to have one application folder with everything in it--might as well have that stupid iPhone interface!).
So far...there have been no hiccups, lock-ups or spontaneous reboots (knocking on veneered particle board computer desk).
I have yet to reconfigure all of my RSS feeds and Web Browser bookmarks, but that will come with time.
Before my FACTORY RESET and reconfiguration my N97 was at 21.2 MB free on C: (with cache cleared) and would sometimes get down to 17 MB and then I would see problems with the Web browser terminating on its own.