All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-08-2009, 07:08 PM

bdutta is on a distinguished road
n70me, recent sw problem -- call disconnect

Hi,

I've been using my N70ME for more than 2 years now, and was pretty happy with it, until pretty recently when I noticed that often the ongoing call would disconnected. The nature of disconnection is 100% phone software caused, and not due to network. When the disconnection happens, looks like some background application (rogue) is trying to make an outbound call to some number like "44", or "440" !! Also, often, automatically the Nokia Music Player application loads up, at the same time. Sometimes it become almost 100% repeatable, i.e. if I try to make call some 20times, this would happen each of these 20 time. Also, the disconnection happens withing 1-2 seconds of the call getting established. Rarely, this disconnection does happen after 5-6 seconds of conversation. These days it happens very frequently.

When the problem occured, I do not recollect having installed any software, or done any specific configuration changes. I've tried doing a factory reset (configuration only), which did seem to help for first 4-5 calls, but then issue was back.

My phone's pop-port isn't in the pink of health ! So, doing a full firmware reset/reinstall via USB is extremely risky, and AFAIK, we can't do so over the bleutooth interface.

Any suggestions on how to fix, diagnose this issue further ?

thanks & regards,
Banibrata
Ads