All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 31-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

try MobiSystems OfficeSuite

those who dont want to waste memory in C: can try MobiSystems OfficeSuite. Its latest version 5.1 support S60v5 and allow installation to C:.

Old 31-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

try MobiSystems OfficeSuite

those who dont want to waste memory in C: can try MobiSystems OfficeSuite. Its latest version 5.1 support S60v5 and allow installation OTHER THAN drive C:.

Old 31-07-2009, 03:41 PM

Taomyn is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I would like to thank QuickOffice for their excellent support. When I got my i8910 two weeks ago, I foolishly or otherwise decided to upgrade my v5 that I had on my N95 to v6 (at the time not the 5th ed. version we have now) and it wouldn't work. What was worse was that there was no way to change the IMEI so the code it gave me wouldn't work either.

One ticket to their support system explaining my mistake and about a day later, probably sooner, they emailed me the correct link for the i8910 version and a new code.

I'm a very happy bunny

Thanks again QuickOffice

Old 01-08-2009, 12:30 AM
NZtechfreak

Just to reiterate here: the free viewing-only update is available to non-Nokia handsets, and the paid upgrade is also available, using it on my i8910. Very welcome upgrade - and to those with problems regarding installation to the system memory - try clearing your browser cache and make sure that you have SMS/photos etc set to store to your memory cards!

Old 01-08-2009, 03:16 AM
Unregistered

i would really like to see Adobe Reader LE 2.5 integrated into future firmware updates, or pre-installed on newer Nokia phones, or available as a free upgrade too. I used the trial version and it's exceptionally fast and a pleasure to use, but it would be icing on the cake if it was offered free to users :P
Ads

Old 01-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

Is it available for N9

I checked their site and entered my details there but it replied me that update is for version 4.5 and 5.0. I checked and with N79 it is version 4.1. Any suggestions on whether it will be available for models with 4.1 version or not?

Thanks

Old 01-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

>i would really like to see Adobe Reader LE 2.5 integrated into future firmware updates, or pre-installed on newer Nokia phones, or available as a free upgrade too. I used the trial version and it's exceptionally fast and a pleasure to use, but it would be icing on the cake if it was offered free to users :P

Including 2.5 on phones like the N97 is bad as the built in one is a 15 day trial. Had there been an older v5 compatible, it wouldn't have been time limited.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:41 PM
indeego

Question about C:

Hey there,
I installed the update but didn't like it to take too much space on my c-drive. However, even after deinstallation I am not back to 38 mb, its down to 34 mb. I did a search with x-plore but couldnt find any installer - so, where are my 4 mb :-p ? (no, its not the browsercache or anything ;-) )

Old 02-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

dwc

Not a free upgrade for E71x users, fyi.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:43 AM

grimmy58 is on a distinguished road
Question

Hi there guys, I'm interested in purchasing Quickoffice for my N97 however there are 2 updates / upgrades available and I'm not sure which to pick.

1) Quickoffice Premier 6 - Office 2007 Editing - Full License 23.74 (GBP)
2) Quickoffice Premier 6 - Office 2007 Editing - Full License 9.13 (GBP)

Is one of these an update and one of them the full program? The product descriptions are exactly the same for both products (except for the prices) I've never bought any version of Quickoffice before and don't want to waste 9 just to be told that it was the upgrade, but on the flip side, don't want to spend 23 if I could have got the full product for 9.

Any help appreciated,

Grim

Old 07-08-2009, 07:05 AM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkr10001 View Post
tried to contact their support because my e series wouldnt let me get the editing version and they haven't got back to me. what a joke, bunch of toss pots
Well with kind of attitude it's not surprising they've ignored you - I hope you didn't use language like that trying to get help.

They've been nothing but helpful in the last few years when I've need to contact them through their ticket system, even when the problem was self-inflicted

Old 07-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Free upgrade to Quickoffice 6 for all Nokia users ? Not really true.

Quote:
"Quickoffice today announced the official release of latest version of its Microsoft Ofiice compatible document viewing and editing software. With the release comes the news that all existing S60 on Symbian Nokia devices will receive a free upgrade to the latest version, Quickoffice 6. Users will receive an upgrade in line with the version that shipped with their device. This means that Eseries devices will receive an upgrade to the viewing and editing version, while other S60 Nokia devices will receive an upgrade to the viewing only version."

Free upgrade to Quickoffice 6 for all Nokia users ? Not really true for ALL users.

I'm tried the update, via QuickManager, with my E61i and it asks 27 Euros (or so) for editing.

The viewer edition is still free, however.

Maybe some problems ? Thanks.

Old 14-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Unregistered

Cannot get support login

Updated on N97, did not get unlock code during purchase - field was blank. Now I cannot generate a login on the support site - is there some problem?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

short question

do somebody know the path where on the samsung omnia i8910 hd quickoffice is installed.

i want to delete the version which is installed or is it enough to delete the icon in the menu.

i want to install an other version of it.

i'm very thankfull for all answers.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 AM

You cannot delete the version that comes with the i8910, just install the new one and it will take care of the rest