All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-03-2003, 06:37 PM

how the hell do i get doom on my p800 ???

Hi everyone, i was one of the first people in edinburgh 2 buy a orange p800 from the O shop. I'm 15 years old, bought it for 200 on da 50 quid tarrif and am stuck on how 2 install doom on my phone ???

What does all this doom.wad shit mean? someone plz explain ? what do i download, which one? all of them? where can i get it from cause i cant download it from my symbians wap site cause it says its too much memory ? and the my symbian website is always down and i cant download it from there? how much memory does it take?

Someone plz give me a step by step guide plz cause i'm a begginer?

Thanks
Ads

Old 03-03-2003, 09:27 PM

hudsonhawk is on a distinguished road
i could tell you to search but not this time.....

1- go to ftp://p800mp4.myftp.org/ or http://sep800.mine.nu ...i guess you are capable enough to find games folder ...so there is what you need..doom1.wad , doom3.wad and edoom.sis.

2.you need .wad files because they contain necessary images,skins,maps etc. which edoom need..edoom.sis is the ported version of doom windows source code but it cannot contain wad files itself...you can find different wad files from internet and use them via renaming filename to doom.wad or doom1.wad..

3.these websites above contain small version, probably the demo version of wad files which will fill 5 mb of your memory but original doom1 wad file (the one you go and buy,full) is 12 mb so if you can find that file you will play full game but you have to "sacrifice" all your memorystick for it...

4.send all of them into your phone using pc suite..be careful and dont leave any open apps while playing because doom app requires a lot of RAM..

hope it is helpful

Old 03-03-2003, 10:13 PM

Dazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud ofDazler has much to be proud of
Doom2 is 13.9mb. But it's fun

Old 24-04-2003, 10:00 PM

thanks very much hudsonhawk, just what i was searching for