All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-06-2009, 07:58 AM

sjdean is on a distinguished road
Rubbish. Pre-orders are supposed to come from the factory direct. Supposedly. In any event, they can still advise customers when they expect to receive them.

Expansys were able to do that.

Old 18-06-2009, 09:21 AM

spirit44 is on a distinguished road
Just got email from Nokia, its shipped!

Get in!

No doubt this will only annoy Sjdean even more........

Old 18-06-2009, 09:36 AM

zxon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit44 View Post
Just got email from Nokia, its shipped!

Get in!

No doubt this will only annoy Sjdean even more........
That CANNOT be right. Only order it two days ago and a confirmation it's been shipped, when the rest of us have been waiting patiently?

Tell me, which country are you in? Cos it certainly can't be the UK.

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

Old 18-06-2009, 09:45 AM

Man, i don't understand what else i can say. I don't know how, I don't know why, all i know is this-

ordered online on tuesday, got processed on Weds and got call from CC company and this morning got email that its shipped; spoke to Nokia customer care and got UPS tracking number

I am in the UK, in the midlands.

I know you guys don't like how quickly this has all been processed for me, but your beef is with Nokia, not me!

Old 18-06-2009, 09:55 AM

Go on then. Show us your order emails, confirmation and shipment emails to prove it.

Old 18-06-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit44 View Post
Man, i don't understand what else i can say. I don't know how, I don't know why, all i know is this-

ordered online on tuesday, got processed on Weds and got call from CC company and this morning got email that its shipped; spoke to Nokia customer care and got UPS tracking number

I am in the UK, in the midlands.

I know you guys don't like how quickly this has all been processed for me, but your beef is with Nokia, not me!
You must understand that it's hard for the rest of us to believe that you've managed to order your phone so late on and get confirmation of it being sent out so quickly, when most of the rest of us have pre-ordered over a month ago. I'm not about to say that you're winding the rest of us up by lying, certainly not. It's just raises questions when the only two people on here in the UK who have had shipping emails have been those who have only registered within the last couple of days. It makes the rest of us rather skeptical as to whether these are genuine or not.

If, however, it is genuine then fair enough, and I hope you can report on here your thoughts on the phone when you receive it.

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

Old 18-06-2009, 10:08 AM

You make me laugh, lol. I can't show you all those things without giving away plenty of personal information which is on them, which you well know.

the shipping email reads

"Dear XXX XXX Your order, as detail below, was shippped on 18-06-2009. You have been charged 508.99 for the products you ordered......"

did you order extra stuff with the phone, is that why its delayed?

At the end of the day you can either believe me or not, i have no reason to lie and I don't get kicks from seeing other people unhappy or annoyed. I am a qualified professional with wife and kids, i don't have the time nor the inclination to be on forums writing about fantasy orders and phones.

I ordered it online on Tuesday between 3-4pm, got processed Weds and got shipping email this morning. Whether you believe me or not is your business, i'm just excited about getting my phone, which is why i posted on here, not to annoy anyone who hasn't got theirs.

Old 18-06-2009, 10:11 AM

Yes you can, you XXX out the personal information. It's quite simple to do if you actually have the emails.

Old 18-06-2009, 10:24 AM

Click image for larger version

Name:	nokia2.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	4483

Just to indulge you, i expect a full apology for questioning my integrity

Old 18-06-2009, 10:31 AM

Thanks for that, actually, no, thank you, because that gives me even more ammunition to go back to Nokia. Actually, if you can PM an order number (or your email address for shop login) I can go and tear Nokia a new a**
Ads

Old 18-06-2009, 11:06 AM

LJS is on a distinguished road
@sjdean

Good luck with nokia. Reading the comments not only from here but elsewhere too it seems thier order management is in need of some help.

If smaller companies can give accurate release/order/shipping dates then surely nokia with thier years of experience should have the infrastructure and knowhow to be able to pull it off too.

In a way I'm glad I'm waiting to get mine as this is just not the service you need when spending so much money on any product.

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting on nokia.

Old 18-06-2009, 11:10 AM

simuk is on a distinguished road
Just signed up to AAS, as I was a bit surprised to see the number of people saying they've not had a dispatch email yet, and also the doubting of posts from someone saying they have had.

Mine has also been dispatched (N97, black - ordered June 9th) got the confirmation email about 10am this morning, and logging in to the Nokia shop Order History page shows the IMEI number next to the device, and then the tracking page takes you to a separate site but currently doesn't have any info in the boxes.

Simon

Old 18-06-2009, 12:48 PM

Just phoned Nokia again to enquire.

They say that the phones are shipping on a first come first saved basis and they wouldn't have allowed pre-ordering to take place without enough phones.

They also reckon that anyone who spouts off in a forum about ordering on the 16th and the phone being shipped on the 18th is basically a liar. That would not have happened.

So the question comes, when will I get my phone? They don't know.

I said, I could order the same phone for the same price and receive tomorrow. They said they believe the phone would be shipped tomorrow, and that there is just a huge backlog to go through caused by - UPS!

I said fine, I'll wait, I ordered a White version which I want (and also I get 75 off on Quidco).

So, one further question, if it is first come first served, where are you in the queue? Can you tell me if you've processed say all of Mays orders yet? Their response - No, we cannot.

So, question Mr Nokia Bod, how do you know when my order will be shipped when you don't even know how many orders have been shipped?

Cya
Simon

Old 18-06-2009, 12:52 PM

Micky! is on a distinguished road
Mine was delivered to my mothers UK address a few hours ago, and currently now on its way to Finland.

I Pre-Ordered mine on the 21st of May.

Old 18-06-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky! View Post
Mine was delivered to my mothers UK address a few hours ago, and currently now on its way to Finland.

I Pre-Ordered mine on the 21st of May.
Well that's it Micky! You'll never get it. She'll have kept it for herself

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk