All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-05-2009, 10:09 AM

Doc Holloway is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Nokia N79 driving me mad! Please help!

My new Nokia N79 has got me tearing my hair out.

Almost from the word go, it has taken to 'cycling' through themes (or background colours), one after another, for no apparent reason. It does this even when the phone is not being touched at all.

It occurs especially when I'm actually using the phone for writing a text message, the background will change from black, to grey, to red every few seconds, which is beginning to get more & more annoying!

Additionally, any wallpaper image that I assign seems to disappear after a short time, leaving just a blank theme once again.

Can anyone suggest a way of sorting this out? Is it something that other people have found as a problem?

Thanks!
Ads

Old 27-05-2009, 01:59 PM

car_guy143 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a loose display connection to me. Contact Nokia or your mobile network.

Old 27-05-2009, 06:54 PM

sylvian1361 is on a distinguished road
hello

I had the same problem ....go to settings-general-personlisation-themes, then tab done to themes then tab down to theme swith and then say off..that did the trick for me..

the reason why it changes is that its theme sensitive you now the 3 back plates you got with the phones, when you change them the theme will adjust automatically.

Old 28-05-2009, 07:17 AM

Doc Holloway is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvian1361 View Post
I had the same problem ....go to settings-general-personlisation-themes, then tab done to themes then tab down to theme swith and then say off..that did the trick for me..

the reason why it changes is that its theme sensitive you now the 3 back plates you got with the phones, when you change them the theme will adjust automatically.
Amazing!!

This has solved the problem completely, thanks so much!